Skip to main content

HYC/BLBE Weigh in

3-17-09: 258 to 254.6lbs YEAH!!!! I tossed 3.4 lb this past week. Coming off a 3lb gain was actually a good thing for me. You see, before, the old Sandy would blow it, throw her hands in the air and promise to get back on track "someday"; but someday would never come. A year later and "someday" still never showed up. Yep, that was me. I lived that cycle for 20 years.

This was my biggest gain since starting my "for real healthy journey". I persevered, took some great advice this past week like drinking more water, and I challenged my self to try something new and that was running.

Quick take on running... MAN! IT IS HARD!!!!! I am still not sure that God created our legs for running, lol. I was able to run a mile, first in place with Wii Fit and then on the treadmill, reeeeal slow. I decided to celebrate my toss, that I would run out in public, in my neighborhood. So I clocked 1 mile in the car before going home after work, I changed, told hubby I was going out and he wished me luck. After two blocks, I thought I was gonna DIE!!!! Seriously, my heart was pounding so hard, I though it could be it for mama. BUT, I cranked up my praise and worship music and kept going... one more block. I had to walk two blocks and then I ran another two. I did this until I got back home. So I actually "ran" half a mile and walked half a mile. It took me 14 min to complete. Hubby was waiting for me in the driveway, cheering and clapping as I ran up to him. You'd thought I ran a marathon. Oh boy, do I love that man!!!

The scripture of the week has new meaning for me: Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, having so vast a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, and throwing off everything that hinders us and especially the sin that so easily entangles us, let us keep running with endurance the race set before us,

Comments

  1. That is awesome! I am so proud of you too. What a man you have there. Keep it up! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss and on the running! And your husband is so sweet. :-)
    Path to Health

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Congrats on the loss!! That is just wonderful!!

    Keep on keeping on! You are doing it!

    *huggles*
    =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! YOu have really motivated me. I have been out walking the past 2 days in a row. I am so out of shape it's not even funny. Keep posting those tossed pounds. Who knows, by the time we come out, I may actually be somewhat in shape!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, you turned off comment moderation too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the major loss and the running! You have a great husband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good hubby!!! Congrats on the three pounds and the run.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks girls!!!

    Yeah, I turned it off because only wonderful people comment on here, lol. It was a bit of a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is AWESOME!!! both the loss and the run/walk! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so great! Keep up the good work.
    Stop by my blog tomorrow, I have something special for you!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is wonderful! Good for you!

    Running?!?! WAY TO GO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot to mention! That hubby is awesome! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandy! Thanks for being a follower of our blog! I can totally relate with your post. I actually started "power walking" about 3-4 weeks ago, and now I have started interspersing that with a little bit of slow jogging. It's really nice! It really gets my heart rate up and it's enjoyable since I am not trying to run all the way around the block w/o stopping (at least not yet!). I can see myself running more and more as I build up my endurance, but we'll see!

    God bless, and keep it up!

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I'm proud of you! My next non-scale goal is to run a 1/4 mile (one time around the track) without stopping.

    Yesterday at the 5K there was a woman about our size who jogged the entire thing! I was so impressed and inspired by her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...