Skip to main content

How are you doing it? Thanks for asking :)

Michele was kind to visit today and being a new friend, wanted to know how I have been tossing these pounds. (I use the word "toss" because I'm not losing the weight. I don't want to find it ever again. Instead, I am tossing it away, tossing it off my body and picking up a new mantle to cover myself with. A mantle of good health.)

I'm tossing this weight with a lot of prayer Michele. I finally realized I can't be this "giant" on my own, so like David, I put my whole trust in the Lord.

I am using tools that God gave me. First is that I won a 3 mo. membership to WW online. When I finally stop trying in my own power and turned to Him, he opened this door for me. I have con't to use WW online with hubby's, and I journal everything I put in my mouth.

Second is I started using the feet he gave me. I got off my tushy and started moving. The key is that I didn't stop. The flesh is weak. This was and is a huge battle for me. But I didn't and don't stop.

Third, God blessed me with a good support group which includes my hubby, family, best friend and of course you gals, my blogland friends. When I want to stop, you all don't let me, lol.

Fourth, I use the Word. It is the sword in my battle. Every Tuesday I weigh in and do a little devotional for myself and hopefully to encourage others. I post a weekly scripture and I weld that "sword" against the "giant" for the whole week.

This week's scripture was: When you bow down before the Lord and admit you dependence on him, he will lift you up and give you honor. James 4:10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...