Skip to main content

Simple Saturday- Birthdays

Photobucket
Jen's meme today is birthdays:

Do you have your party at home or somewhere else? We have it at our home. Luckily we have a great backyard for entertaining. The furniture is set up on the deck for the adults, and the toys are in the yard (which is fenced) for the kiddos. Our deck is also on the ground so there are no steps to worry about anyone getting hurt... unfortunately with my family there is always one who finds a way, but the guests are safe, lol.
My kitchen window is also facing the patio, so I am spoiled in that I don't have to go out the sliding glass door to take stuff outside. I just pass to through the window. It is especially nice during the clean up.
Is it just family, or do you invite other children? With the kiddos being so young, it's just family and family friends with kiddo that come. Usually around 25 people. Makes for a nice size party. I have a couple of years before I have to worry about the school friends. And I will NEVER EVER EVER have a party at Chucky Cheese. That was pure torture a couple of weeks ago, lol.
Do you cook everything or have something made somewhere else? We make most things, except for the birthday cake. I like special cakes so I order them. The kiddos all had their one year picture on rice paper, on the cake their first birthday. It was a big hit.
Do you give the birthday child's present at the party or on their actual birthday? We always got our presents at the party so I naturally did that with the kiddos. I did get cupcakes for the kiddos on their actual birthdays. It is our smash cake tryout, lol.

Comments

  1. We are similiar in our party styles. But we no longer give them gifts...the party is their gift. They get so many other gifts, they don't really miss ours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I told you earlier, I so hear you on the Chucky Cheese. You do such a wonderful job at your house with the bbq, and then the fire pit, that I always love being at your house!!

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...