Skip to main content

Answer me this...God Songs?

I am a praise and worshipper. I used to lead praise and worship at my old church, and music is very central in my walk with the Lord. Throughout various points in my life, God gives me a song, and in some cases two or three, that ministers to my life, my heart and my spirit man. It always comes at just that perfect moment when I need it the most. Some songs I have sang and know growing up, and some are brand new for the first time.

I love these "God Songs". It doesn't matter if it is fast or slow, I'm usually crying and worshipping at the same time, lol. The Holy Spirit rises up in me and my situation, and it's like "Yes Lord... right on, your here with me."

If you've been reading for a while, you'll know my current giant is my weight. I have been overweight my whole life, but it wasn't until I had my last baby, that God showed me how I needed to make changes in my life, not for me but for my babies.

I was never afraid of death or dying. I rejoice in it because I know it is the promise of a new life with my Lord and Savior. My fear or rather concern was for my babies not growing up knowing their mommy. I don't know the day and time my Lord will call me home, but I do know it is not going to be because I didn't take care of this temple God gave me. He reminded me that my body was his. I am his hands and feet, and he has a purpose and plan for my life. If I continued on the course I set for myself, he would not be able to work through me. In short, I was making, my selfishness in desires to eat what I wanted and not exercising, an idol. I was worshipping food/life and not him.

For this journey, He placed a song of edification, promise, and strength on my heart. My "God Song" (I like that term, lol) is I Will Not Be Moved by Natalie Grant, album is Relentless(how fitting is that!).

So what is your theme song a.k.a "God Song" right now?

Psalm 138: 1 "I give you thanks, O Lord,with all my heart; I will sing your praises before gods."

Comments

  1. I love that song and Natalie Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I have to go with Superchick's "Not Done Yet" from their Beauty From Pain cd :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song too!! and i'm not sure what my song is right now...hopefully one will jump across my heart/ears soon tho!!

    Oh and thank you so much for the award...so sweet!! I will def pass it on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...