Skip to main content

HE KNOWS MY NAME- CHOSEN

Hi everyone. I you had a blessed week.  This is my second Bible Art Journal entry. And, I am very excited on how it turned out!

Last Sunday, our pastor introduced a year long series that he will be doing one a month, "He knows my name".  I mean talk about confirmation from God on what He has been sharing with me. If this is your first time here, check out the previous posts. I tell you about the song God has placed in heart for this year and you will totally get what I mean.

So here is the final design...

  1. I started with an adult coloring book that I purchased (here is the video that I did to review it)
  2. The pages are perforated so I was able to tear out the image that I wanted which was a flower.
  3. I placed the paper underneath the Bible page and started to trace the flower as best as I could.I added a piece of Washi tape to help hold the paper down.
  4. I then free- hand the word CHOSEN on a blank page of copy paper. I had to make it dark enough to be able to see the word.
  5. I free-handed some scroll work in pencil to make a border around the word and image.
  6. Using Prismacolor pencils, I had fun coloring in the word and image.
  7. Using the Faber Castell PITT Artist Pen, I traced everything again but this time in black. I like this pen, it didn't bleed through except little dots where I did the small letters but not even that noticable.
  8. Grab the Gelatos!!!! I love these things! I scribbled a little blue for shadowing and then taking my finger, the blended it out. It came out so nicely!
  9. Lastly, I used Wink of Stella in clear glitter on the word and flower. It came out so pretty. Unfortunately my camera flash kept picking up the shimmer.
  10. At the end I decided to use my pencil in blue and highlight the scripture.
If you want to checkout the video that I did on this page, just click below.


CHOSEN
John 15: 16, 19
v16 You did not choose me, but I chose you...  v19  If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
This gives be comfort and a place of belonging. It is kind of like when we were kids and always afraid that we wouldn't be picked for a team or (((gasp))) picked last. With God there is no anxiety. If we decide to "play", He will always chose us for His team. We are chosen to be in His family, in His kingdom, for His purpose... WE BELONG!  No matter what we do, if we look to Him, He will call us Chosen!

This is the audio message that Pastor Jonathan Moore ( of Youngstown, Ohio's Grace Family Church) did Jan 3, 2016.  I promise, you will be blessed.


Thank you for stopping by and God Bless,


Comments

  1. Beautiful page Sandy. I love how the wink of stella makes it shine. I love the peace God gives to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! This reminds me of John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

      Delete
  2. Hello Sandy, A gorgeous page, love the flower and the shimmer which looks lovely. Love your free hand work.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I was leary because I am not an artist but I think it worked :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandy this is amazing I love what you have done with the pages. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this post - and all i could think of was the chorus from this Michael W. Smith song - "I'm coming back to the heart of worship..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so lovely and therapeutic, I love doing things like this. What Bible do you use, and what is the colouring book you mention?
    Achama - www.faithhealthpotential.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...