Skip to main content

A PURE HEART

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me" 

What is God's version of a pure heart?

I can guarantee you that it is not what I thought it was.  Starting 2016, I realize that every year I seem to be walking further away from the Father than towards Him. I have grown up in a Christian family, the church, and I have not "departed" from Him. But I am not "close" to Him either.

For this new year, I wanted to go on a new journey. One I have never gotten far in before. Oh yes, I have started it but never got further that 10 steps if that. What is this journey? It is one that I feel will make me a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend and most of all, child of the Heavenly Father. This journey is into His Holy Word. 

He knows my name, but do I know His? I thought I did, but now I am not so sure.  I have to say I am very excited and raring to go. But like everyone else, I am human. I want this to be a public declaration, an accountability of this new walk in my life... 

"Being Pure In Heart"

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." 

I need to see Him. I crave to see Him. He has put this desire in me. He has seeked me out. He has not forsaken, forgotten or ignored. Now it is my turn to do the same.  So won't you journey with me this year?

This new journey is starting with praying, reading the Word of God, praising Him with music and speech, serving Him with my family and church, and lastly, worshiping Him with my art.

I am going to start Bible Journaling. I know it won't be perfect, but I can promise you it will be authentic.

 The NRSV Notetaker's BIBLE
This is the Bible I will be using for my journaling.

As you can see this Bible has lined margins that will work for my "ahem" art.
I do wish the font was a little bigger, but we'll go with it.

Let's see how this goes. It me and you Lord.


Comments

  1. I am so excited to be on this journey with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something caught my eye. He has seeked me out. He has not forsaken, forgotten or ignored me and now its my turn to do the same. WOW, those words hit me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad. It is so easy to lose sight of Him in our busy lives. But nothing and no one will ever separate us from the love of the Father. If we reach out our hand, He will be there to grab it in a heartbeat!

      Delete
  3. I believe that God has touched both of our hearts in the same way this year....and I am thankful you are doing this blog, I know it will be helpful for me. Hugs & Blessings....Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this...I will be sharing my spiritual journey as well on my blog some this year. I am participating in a daily Scripture writing plan that I am illustrating 1 thing on each page that stood out to me, hopefully that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is wonderful. I am so glad to be on the journey with you too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...