Skip to main content

New Year, Time to Organize



Hello Crafty Friends!  Now that the holidays are over I find myself in an organizing mood!  I am organizing everything from my kitchen pantry to the garage.  I love to organize and reorganize my craft room.  Sometimes I feel as if I spend more time going through my supplies and trying out different storage systems than I do actually crafting.  Anyone else feel the same?  There is one thing that I constantly come back to when I am organizing and it is this clear 12 x 12 plastic envelope.  I use them for many things.

I use them to store my solid colored 12x12 cardstock.  I place the card stock in the envelope and then the envelope goes on the shelf.  I love that when I attend a crop I can just grab the particular cardstock color that I need and go.  These envelopes also come in handy when I am working with my Cricut.  Sometimes I am unsure of what color shade I want to use.  With these I can just glance through the colors.  I also use these to store vacation memorabilia in.  Love, love, love these for that purpose (can you tell that I love them? Ha-ha).  After vacation I put all my memorabilia in one, label it & shelf it until I am ready to scrap it.  I also do the same with my daughter’s school memorabilia. I use one for each school year.

How many of you like to organize?  I would love it if you would share your paper/cardstock organizing tips with me.  Just leave a comment on this post.  I am curious if you store your paper/cardstock by color, by manufacturer, etc.?  What is your go-to system? 

I hope your enjoyed today's topic. If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave it in the comments. Also, you can join up to our Facebook group: Scrapbook Blessings Club for more fun, games, inspiration, tips and techniques. Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day!
  SBC Design Team Member Brenda "Disney Girl"

Comments

  1. wau I dont have that much paper!
    I have few :)
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had my paper sorted by colour like this. It's such a pain to find the colour I want. The majority of my cardstock is 8.5 x 11 so those pockets wouldn't be the best for me. I'll keep my eye open for a smaller size and maybe there will be a sale I have no money). Eventually I would like to get my papers sorted but I don't have the proper storage rack/shelf and that's what has held me back. Some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased a paper holder from a LSS going out of business, it holds all my 12x12 colored CARD STOCK. Yes, I have it sorted by color. I use many of Tiffany's Get organized challenge theories. I have found the organizing by color has saved me so much time! I use 12x12 iris containers to sort colored papers (with scraps) and colored embellishments. I only keep certain mfg's together...still have Creative Memories sets together and Quick Quotes since I am on their DT. I also organize by theme and calendar year (as per Tiffany). It really works great for me...I can go right to "music", "baby", "Valentine's Day", "hearts" or "red" in just a couple of minutes I can usually find anything! My inks and pens are organized by color and I have a chart of all my colors, some of the best advice from Tiffany, now I look to my chart before breaking out and trying 10 different reds! I do NOT have all my stamps "cataloged" yet...that would help even more but I have 1000's!!! and almost half are done. She is starting a new challenge next week (I have done the challenge several times) and my goals are cataloging my stamps so I can find them more quickly and purging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @KT Fit Kitty I have my 8 1/2 by 11 paper in a file drawer :-) These envelopes I showed here come in a bulk pack which helps with the cost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Golden Goddess DesignsGreat storage systems you have in place! I have my stamps organized by theme and mixed the unmounted, wood mounted and clear ones together. I used to have each type of stamp organized by theme but it was too many places to look. I love having my paper by color. I have my holiday papers in these also and some in the Iris containers. Oh, how I love to organize. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...