Skip to main content

I WANNA GO TO THE BEACH BLOG HOP day 4

WELCOME  
TO MFP STAMP SHOP



I WANNA GO TO THE BEACH  BLOG HOP


JOIN US EACH DAY, Jan. 26-29 FOR SOME SAND CASTLE SHELL FINDING FUN. WE'LL HAVE  TUTORIALS AND DT INSPIRATION. THERE WILL BE PRIZES FOR LEAVING COMMENTS ON THE DESIGN TEAM'S BLOGS AND PRIZES FOR TRYING OUR TUTORIALS.  YOU WILL HAVE 2 WEEKS TO ADD YOUR PROJECT to the Jan. 29th POST FOR US TO SEE SO THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO JOIN IN THE FUN. 

Welcome back to Day 3 of our Beachy Hop.
So did you get my theme for this hop?!?! On day 1, I used Gelatos, On day 2, I used regular dye ink and for day 3, I used watercolors. Now for day 4, I decided to go with... CHALKS!
Yep, I am using different coloring mediums this hop.

So for this card, I used two different embossing plate, a swirl and a diamond. Then using chalks in lite blue and tan, I colored the embossed area with a sponge.  The cute seagull images was colored with Spectrun Nior (another medium) and fussy cut. Then I just adhered to the card front. For a little more color I used some bakers twine. Looking back, I wish I used some jute. I might have to fix that, lol.

So that is our January hop. I am so glad you hopped along!!! Until next month folk, bye, bye!!!  Oh wait a minute, I meant for the hops, but I know you are stopping by everyday to check out the great posts from the SBC DT?!?!?!  LOL.


Please Hop along with us!! 
 You could win one of the MFP Stamp Shop Beach related STAMP SETS Just comment on the following blogs ( don't forget this one ) each day for more chances to win! ( You do NOT need to comment on on all the blogs each day! The names are drawn randomly.) Try one of the tutorials shown during the Hop and add your photo to the Inlinkz at the bottom of the post. The winners will be announced on Feb. 13, 2016 right here on the MFP Stamp Shop Blog. You can go back and comment if you missed a day. ( HINT: The more you comment the more chances you have to win. And comments on the MFP blog count twice. ) The deadline for commenting and posting pics of your projects is Friday Feb. 12, 2016 at 10:00 PM EST.

Tutorials
Jan. 27- Finger Paint Book Marker by Sandy
Jan. 28- Water Background by Pat

Let's get started !!
Here's the Design Team
Enjoy the Hop. Come back each day and let us take you to the Beach. We hope to inspire you to start your own Fun in the Sun.  Get to work on the tutorials, show us what you made by Feb. 12th and check back on Feb. 13, 2016 to see if you are a winner. 


I hope your enjoyed today's project too. If you have a questions or suggestions, please leave it in the comments. Also, you can join up to our Facebook group: Scrapbook Blessings Club for more fun, games, inspiration, tips and techniques. Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day! 

Comments

  1. Very cute and I definitely agree with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super layout and great top and bottom techniques for background TFS and for the hop1

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chalked and embossed backgrounds are sooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and such a fun hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice use of the embossed layers. I love the saying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card...it turned out great and using the embossed folder add great depth...well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card...I love how you used two different embossing folders...I would have never thought of doing that! As for twine or jute...either way works :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like the different coloring mediums you used throughout this challenge! Great use of the embossing folders!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, I say AMEN to this! What a fun and lovely card!! Great job on the coloring and use of twine :) tFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun sentiment and cute card. I love that seagull!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your embossed background and fun seagull card design. Can't argue with that sentiment, right?!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...