Skip to main content

Thursday Product review

Hello scrappy and crafty friends. Welcome to product review Thursday. My name is Barbara and I am going to tell you about Viva's 3D stamp paint. You can find their products here:  http://www.viva-decor.us/.
When I bought some of this at my local scrapbook store (LSS), the owner told me that it works better with stencils than it does with stamps. So, I set out to find out for myself how this stuff works.
Tip of the day: Always try new products on scrap paper first so you can see how it works.

This is my finished project. I used the paint to make the borders with a stencil and I used the paint to make mist to spray on the white cardstock where you see it is a little bit blue.

First I wanted to try it with a stamp. I tried a deeply cut red rubber stamp first. 


As you can see the paint is shiny and glittery. I applied the paint to the stamp with a brush. Here is my result.

Parts of it came out really well. But you have to be very careful to apply the paint evenly. It was not too hard to do.
So next I wanted to try it with stencils.
And here are my results.

It is not easy to see how really shiny this paint is. Next I mixed a small amount of paint with a small amount of water in my Mini Mister and misted the white cardstock. I used about a teaspoon of paint and a tablespoon of water. It misted really well. Although it is not easy to see it in the photos.
Again, here is the finished project. 
Thank you so much for joining me today. I hope you will give this paint a try. It really gives beautiful results.Have a Scrapbook Blessing kind of day.
Barbara


Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,

Comments

  1. oh wow, this would be fantastic for making our own backgrounds. Thanks so much for the tutorial and review. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...