Skip to main content

Welcome our guest Melissa

Hello everyone, Cristina here to share with you our special guest for this Sunday. We are so happy to have her. She was one of our DT Top pick for Challenge #16 with her cute project


 
So cute, now let meet our wonderful guest Melissa.
 
 
 
 
Hi, my name is Melissa Miranda and my small space in the crafting world is M Miranda Creations. I am the wife of a minister and we have three precious children.  I thank God for them everyday as they are a huge encouragement to me in all that I do (including playing with paper). I started playing around with scrapbooking many years ago with my old roommate. We were always doing something fun and we both liked to take pictures; so we decided to make a couple of scrapbooks to remember those days. I again tried scrapbooking after my oldest son was born. I think I made it through four or so months and just stopped. Then about five years ago my father in law sent us some Christmas money and my husband let me buy a Cricut. It changed how I looked at paper forever. I found great delight in taking a flat sheet of paper and turning it into a shape using SVG files. I’ve moved on to a different machine since then, but I have never looked back. My craft supplies have grown along with the mess that comes from having them. LOL! But as my supplies have grown so has my joy in creating. I believe that God is the ultimate creator and being made in His image, I have found a way to reflect Him. He inspires me and brings me joy with the beautiful things around me and hopefully I bring joy to my friends and family who receive my creations as well. I most often make 3D items and cards, but sometimes I return to those scrapbooking days and make a LO. I hope you enjoy the projects I am sharing here today. It was hard to choose just three of my favorite projects, so I decided to share some of my more recent projects. I invite you to stop by my blog, FB page or Pinterest page and have a look around.
 
Pinterest - Melissa Miranda
 
Here are my projects:
 
 
You can find a short tutorial for my first project here: http://iliketocreate.blogspot.com/2014/03/guest-designing-for-my-craft-spot.html
 
 
 
Favorite technique/tip: I like to add dimension to my projects and I believe there are two ways to effectively do that. The first is by taking an ink pad and a sponge and inking the edges of all the pieces of my cut files before assembling them. I could not craft without my inks. They are a total must have!!! The other way to add dimension is using pop dots or foam tape to create layers. There are a lot of great tutorials on YouTube to help with both of these. Just go to YouTube and do a search and look through the videos until you find the easiest way for you to apply these two dimension building techniques to your projects. I promise you that once you do, you will see a huge difference in the way your cards and other projects look.
 
Many Blessing to You!



Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,

    Cristina

Comments

  1. oh my goodness, I love these bags. They are all so darling. Beautiful colors, fun designs, thanks so much for the fun inspiration. Congrats on being featured as a guest designer too.

    Smiles Sher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your projects are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...