Skip to main content

Friday Layout Day!

So glad you could join us today for Friday Layout day! Who doesn't have a whole backlog of pictures just waiting to be scrapped! I certainly do! I have been working really hard to try and get caught up...it will happen...one day! LOL! So I pulled some really cute pictures of one of my grandsons birthday parties. And I created a really fun element to go on this layout. I am really hooked right now on all these water color techniques. Explanation will be down below.

Tip: Don't be afraid to try new techniques.

 
Technique Used:
Watercolor paper Ink Resist
 
Step 1: Arrange word stamps onto craft mat, then put acrylic block onto them.
Step 2: Use any type of ink pad made for embossing an image
and then stamp the whole image (all together) onto water color paper.
Step 3: Emboss image with white embossing powder and heat tool.
Step 4: Take some dye based ink pads and smoosh down onto
a slick craft mat. (I used Ranger's craft mat.)
Step 5: Use a small water spritzer and spray water on the ink.
Step 6: Smoosh your embossed image face down onto the sprayed ink.
 
And so very sorry I realized I should have taken pictures of the process...I am sure I will do it again soon though!
 
Thank you so much for joining us and be sure to enter our challenge.
 


Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,

Comments

  1. Very nice layout. I'm going to scraplift this one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout! Love the resist technique that you did!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...