Skip to main content

Distress Glitter Product Review

Hey kids!  Cindy back on the SBC blog today with a product review of Tim Holtz Distress Glitter.  Don't you just love glitter????  I sure do!!  We are getting a bit messy here today--but it's fun!

TiP:  When inking the edges of a glittered item apply ink to your craft mat so you don't get glitter on  your ink pad.


Supplies:
Tim Holtz Distress Glitter ( I used spun sugar)
Tim Holtz ink applicator or sponges work, too
Tim Holtz Distress Ink  ( I used spun sugar)
Glossy Accents

Apply Distress Ink, Stain or marker to your item to be glittered.

Apply a wet glue such as Glossy Accents to the item to be glittered.  I used my fingers to get good coverage--told you we were getting messy...LOL.  Using a wet glue allows for the most sparkle power since the glitter particles wont lay completely flat.


Apply your Distress Glitter :-)  Love that sparkle!!  And you can even use your heat tool to speed the drying time with this glitter.  It won't melt like other glitters.  YAY!! 
A really cool thing about this Glitter is you can apply ink to it to create a vintage look.  In my case I just wanted some more color on my butterfly.  I applied ink to my craft mat and then used a Q-tip to color the edges of my butterfly so I wouldn't get glitter on my ink pad.


And I created a tag to use my butterfly on.  I applied Distress ink to this tag and then sprinkled a few drops of water on it and then moved it around a bit to get the drippy effect.  Then I used my heat tool to dry it.  I stamped my stamps and then applied my distress glittered butterfly :-)  I also inked my ribbon to match the colors on the tag.

Add'l supplies:
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in worn lipstick & tumbled glass
Ranger Heat tool
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Artful Things clear stamps
MS All Occasion Cake Art Cricut cart - butterfly@1"
Tags, Bags, Boxes and More Cricut cart - tag @5"
White organza ribbon (I colored this with the Distress ink, too)

This Distress Glitter is fabulous!!  I hope I've inspired you to get out your Tim Holtz Distress products and play today!  Thanks for stopping by.  If you have any questions leave a note in the comments for us.  If you're on Facebook you can join SBC there as well because there is always something fun going on :-) 

I hope you have a blessed day!

Cindy---In Love with PAPER

Comments

  1. thanks for the tips! I don't have any of this product and I have most of TH's products, so your review has helped in making my decision to purchase. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this technique Cindy! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip and what a pretty tag:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...