Skip to main content

Challenge Me Monday #8

Teacher Appreciation, apple shape:
Create something for a special teacher using an apple shape somewhere on your project.

I created a little memo holder for my Jessie's pre-school teacher.  It was my first "teacher" gift.  I got kinda of weepy because my little girl is growing up so fast!


The black foam is a stamp pad. I have dozens of them, They come with those rubber stamp set from Michaels.  I thought it looked like a chalkboard.  I embossed the white writing, using clear emboss pen, white powder and heat gun. I also added ribbon and thumb tacks.
The apple is a cute cut from A Child's Year Cartridge.  I used red cardstock and inked the leaves in green/ stem in light brown and black marker for the lef veins. To finish off the apple, I embossed it with clear powder.  The embossing made it such a deeper color and gave it a great texture.
Here is a picture of my Jessica and her teacher Ms. Lori.  Gotta love the look she gave, it was right after the pretty smile, waiting for the camera to get ready, lol.

Comments

  1. What a great little memo holder! I need to use A Childs Year more often. Such cute cuts! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, this is an adorable little memo holder. You are so creative. Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossing looks great. Cute idea. Thanks for playing with us over at Fantabulous Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. Your project and your little girl.
    That is a great way to recycle. I love those ideas, because I hate wasting anything. After all that was my hard earned money.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB
    ~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea...and I love the photo of your daughter at school. How sweet! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute memo holder.... and very clever idea! Thank so much for playing along at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...