Skip to main content

Different Perspective


Hi everyone, Cristina here to share with you a project life layout created using Designs A,D, and G pocket pages. I had so many pictures I wanted to add that I decided to add Design G. The pictures in today's layout is of my son during each track meet for the season. 


A little story: Years ago I was a huge fanatic for scrapbook layouts and it would literally take me hours, days, weeks just to finish 1 (yes 1 lol) layout. I had to have the perfect embellishments, paper, I mean you name it. I loved it don't get me wrong but it took me so much time. I took a break from scrapbooking because I was no longer having fun. It was maybe a year later that happen to run into Becky Higgins project life video.






As crazy as it may sound I cried, I had forgotten why I was preserving memories. I was taking the fun away by putting pressure on myself. What picture do I pick out of a handful when I want to use them all. Well the video changed the way I do things currently. It's so much easier and no pressure at all. I use as many pictures as I want and if I want to add embellishments I add them but  sometimes I just put them in the pockets and leave them as is, Simple=Happiness.  




I hope you enjoyed today's layout and maybe helped you out if you are in the same boat as I was. Make it fun, make it simple, make it memorable. Till next time thanks for stopping by.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...