Skip to main content

A Year of Card Techs. April Blog Hop: Stamp Set Showdown

Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we’ll feature a different card technique. We’ve assembled a team of fabulous card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a wide variety of cards and ideas. The month of April features a Showdown! A stamp set showdown, that is. We’re using one stamp set in various ways. Let’s face it, stamp sets are getting more and more expensive; so we’re here to inspire you by demonstrating how to s-t-r-e-t-c-h those stamps!
Image may contain: text

If you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here:
We have an amazing sponsor this month, Wilma Payne of Fun Stamper's Journey:
No automatic alt text available.
Please take a moment to check out the great products Fun Stampers Journey has to offer. To visit Wilma's blog, click here and her Facebook Group here.
And the awesome prize this month is:
No automatic alt text available.
We really appreciate feedback, so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in the hop today. One winner will be chosen from all comments on the hop as of April 28, 2017. The winner will be announced in our May hop; so be sure to come back next month.
You should have arrived here from Ronda. If you're visiting here first, you might want to start at the beginning so you don't miss a thing and increase your chances of winning by leaving a comment on each blog.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So for me, this showdown technique is a very easy one for me and one that I do all the time. When I create cards I tend to do them in threes if not more. If your supplies are out, why not make more that one! Here are a couple of examples that are my favorite plus a set created for the hop.
For the hop, I used Howdy Cowboy stamp set from MFPStamps 
(unfortunately the company is now closed but I still love my stamps!)
This is a rocker card and tag set.



I have to say this is one of my all time favorite sets. I used Say Cheese stamp and die set from Altenew Stamps.

Now, you can do this technique with more than just stamps too. For these three cards, I used the same 6x6 paper pad and cork element embellishment set. I love how they came out!



Now you’re off to visit with Candy
. Hope you had fun and thanks for stopping by. See you next month with another technique!
Here’s the full line-up in case you get lost:

Comments

  1. Wow, I can't believe how many projects you made for this hop! Wonderful and such inspiration here! Thanks so much for sharing. It was fun hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're SO right - as long as the supplies are out, might as well make a bunch! I've never seen a rocker card before. That's a great idea, especially with that horse image. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stamp set and great ideas! Thanks for sharing and thanks for hopping along with the AYOCT bunch!

    Sharon
    A Piece Of (my) Heart Blog
    **Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, my gosh, do you sleep at all? That is a crazy crafty bunch of cards. Wonderful ideas . Thank you so much for joining our little blog hop adventure. I hope you have fun and I am looking forward to more hopping with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so great. Including cards that used the same papers was fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so trying that cork technique! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Gosh! Such cute cards and tags! I just love that cowboy and horse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so many cards! Love them all! The camera cards are so colorful....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your projects. The cork fox is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed with how many cards you made and how all of them are adorable. I wish I could get that first cowboy stamp set. It's always sad when a company goes out of business.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards from one set!! I love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW-EE! You went above and beyond. I do use this technique for paper sets, as well. You are just AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...