Skip to main content

Colored Pencils on Colored Cardstock for Simple Cards

Hello crafty people! I have a really cool technique to share with you today for my monthly video. I'm still new around here, so I'll introduce myself again. My name is Katelyn and I just joined SBC not too long ago. This is my second individual project for this lovely community. Today, I wanted to explore a technique that is new to me. I have had this background stamp for ages and I haven't utilized it as much as I should. So, I wanted to make something that would let this stamp shine.


I decided to use the preview of the wood stamp as inspiration for my color choices. I decided to use four colors overall. I used a light pink, a wine color, white, and a medium brown tone. These are similar colors that are featured on the stamp block. To color the flowers, I started with the darker wine color in the center and creases and then used the light pink to blend it out. I think that having the pink cardstock background helps cover up any of the poor blending I may have done.



Once the background is fully colored, I trimmed down the excess paper around the image. I then cut a wine colored cardstock background piece. I'm using a base of 110 lb. cardstock for sturdiness and this is scored to be 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Once the wine and colored layers were glued together, I attached a small lace bow.



After my bow was in place, I started to work on the sentiment piece. This sentiment card is made using the same pink cardstock, but popped up on foam adhesive. I use Whimsy Stamps Sweetest Birthday stamp set to make a powerful sentiment. Plus, the script font is so adorable! I used Colorbox dark brown ink for both parts of the sentiment.


To complete this card I had to add a couple of enamel dots. These enamel dots are from Carta Bella's Metropolitan Girl collection. I hope you all enjoyed this fun technique! There are so many other possibilities for this technique. Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...