Skip to main content

Wild Animals BLOG HOP

WELCOME  
TO MFP STAMP SHOP



Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY!!



JOIN US EACH DAY, March  22-25 FOR SOME A ROARING GOOD TIME. WE'LL HAVE  TUTORIALS AND DT INSPIRATION. THERE WILL BE PRIZES FOR LEAVING COMMENTS ON THE DESIGN TEAM'S BLOGS AND PRIZES FOR TRYING OUR TUTORIALS.  YOU WILL HAVE 2 WEEKS TO ADD YOUR PROJECT to the March 25th POST FOR US TO SEE SO THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO JOIN IN THE FUN. 

Tutorials
March 23-- DIY Kids Coloring Book by Sandy
March 25-- Long Easel Card by Gail

Can I just confess what a challenge today's card was?!?!  I am not good with masculine cards. It is like my mind goes blank! Am I the only one??? LOL

So, I really went outside the comfort box. I mean, just picking papers is tough for me. But I need to get some masculine cards in my stash so here is my first one up.

To fit the wild theme plus make it a Birthday card for my stash, I went with a spin on the
 "King of the Jungle".
I used two stamps sets for this one.
First is the lion head, then I add the crown which you can find on the mini "You May Bow" set.
Of course I used my tried and true, Prismacolor pencils to color the images.

So what are your tips for masculine cards?!?!

Please Hop along with us!! 
 You could win one of the MFP Stamp Shop Wild Animal related STAMP SETS Just comment on the following blogs ( don't forget this one ) each day for more chances to win! ( You do NOT need to comment on on all the blogs each day! The names are drawn randomly.) Try one of the tutorials shown during the Hop and add your photo to the Inlinkz at the bottom of the March 25 post. The winners will be announced on April 9, 2016 right here on the MFP Stamp Shop Blog. You can go back and comment if you missed a day. ( HINT: The more you comment the more chances you have to win. And comments on the MFP blog count twice. ) The deadline for commenting and posting pics of your projects is Friday April 8, 2016 at 10:00 PM EST.
Let's get started !!
Here's the Design Team
Enjoy the Hop. Come back each day. We hope to inspire you to start your own Wild Animal projects.  Get to work on the tutorials, show us what you made by April 8th and 
check back on April 9, 2016 to see if you are a winner. 
I hope your enjoyed today's project too. If you have a questions or suggestions, please leave it in the comments. Also, you can join up to our Facebook group: Scrapbook Blessings Club for more fun, games, inspiration, tips and techniques. Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day! Sandy

Comments

  1. So very cute and how clever to use the crown with this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the King for the Day idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love this!!!! Using the crown was genius! Fabulous coloring on that wonderful lion image and I love the fabulous jewel tones on the crown.

    It doesn't look to me like you have trouble with masculine cards at all because this turned out just great. Here is the formula I use for them: deeper colors in solids or bold patterns like stripes or plaid, rough textures like burlap or corrugate, nature images and/or bold sentiments, plain corners and edges (although photo corners and torn edges look great, too), brads or twine for embellishment.

    Thanks for sharing your card with us!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The King of the Jungle, your card made me smile...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great with the masculine card - I love making masculine card and I know there are others that struggle - I have my struggles with other cards as well - however, your card if great - nice layout - colors and the stamps - like the crown on your Lion - who is the King! TFS have a blessed day! Gail SR DT MFPSS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will curtsy to the King! Terrific idea for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your royal lion made me smile. Such a cool card. Men cards are difficult. I usually start with blue, brown or grey and see what happens. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. you did a great job/art!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you took your wild lion to King with the crown. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that great big crown. Beautiful coloring. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...