Skip to main content

Thursday Product Review- washi tape

Hi Everyone, Sandy here for Thursday's Product review. We will be taking a look at Washi Tape.

But first my tip for you: For some great prices on Washi tape check out Walmart. Seriously Studio G has come out with some that were only a buck. This is a good way to get your feet "washi wet".


WASHI TAPE 101

What is it? 
“Washi Tape” originates from Japan (created 2006 for a masking tape company) and is a pattern/colored paper tape, originally made of rice paper. It comes on a roll like regular tape, and is often thin and translucent. You can find it in 1/4″ widths up to 2 1/2 inches, and it feels more like masking tape than actual paper because it is so thin.

Where can you find it?
Washi Tape can be purchased online through many scrap stores and at the big box stores such as Michaels, Joann's, Walmart even.  The cost is relatively cheap, between $1.25 to $5.00 I found the best prices on the Facebook online selling sites.

How to use it?
 You can use it in place of clear tape for gift wrapping, add to envelops or anything you want to seal. You can use it on bags, boxes, tags, layouts, etc.  You can tear it, stick it, write on it.  The low tack adhesive makes it easy to use and reposition.  You can also make it a focal point of any paper craft, like I have do in today's tutorial.

So here is a Washi card I did a while back....
  • Here is how your get started



  • First, I placed the tape over the front of my first layer, criss crossing. I didn't do the bottom because I was going to cover it with a pattern paper.


  •  Next, trim the base layer by cutting off all the extra tape.  Below are my card base and layers. I did add black when I put the card together. Black is my new "pop" of color.


  •  Here is the card with the mats and base adhered together


  •  Quick Tip: when I am using my markers, I will stamp two images. One is to "test" the colors to see what will match with my papers and in this case, to see which circle punch would fit this image. The second is the image I will put in on my project.


  •  Finally, I attach my sentiment using popdots/tape.


  • And that's it... my first attempt at Washi!  Now, I am looking forward to my next one!





I hope your enjoyed today's project too. If you have a question, please leave it in the comments, and a DT member will get back to you. You can find more inspiration and projects at my blog: A Working Mom's Joy. Also, you can join up to our Facebook group: Scrapbook Blessings Club for more fun, games, inspiration, tips and techniques.      

Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,
SANDY,
  

Comments

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...