Skip to main content

Product Review Day!: Stencils and Embossing Paste


Good Morning..Teresa here from Fresh and Renewed! I am going to share how to use embossing paste and a stencil today. Come join in the fun!

Tip: Make sure you wash your stencil and tools immediately after using. It does dry quickly.

I am working on making a variety of cards to send to my daughter to use as generic cards when she needs to send one out. She recently told me "with such a crafty mother, I should not have to buy cards that I really don't like anyhow." LOL! Then proceeded to ask, "You wouldn't mind making me some cards would you?" Well what's a mother to do except get busy making cards? So here is my first attempt at using embossing paste and stencils. I think I could really get into this!

First here are my supplies I used:
 





Then I applied the paste on the stencil...so very sorry I forgot to take a picture of applying the paste.
Here is the paste after I applied the silver embossing powder.

 
 
And the final card.
 
 
 
Supplies Used:
Dreamweaver Embossing Paste: Translucent
Top Boss Embossing Mini Ink Pad
Zing White Embossing Powder
Inkadinkadoo Embossing Buddy
Hampton Arts Acrylic Block
Stampin Up Sterling Silver Embossing Powder
My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio 6x6 papers
Kraft Cardstock
Paper Smooches "Salutations"
The Crafter's Workshop Balzer Designs " Mini Pattern Strips"
Twine (from my stash)
 
 
Thank you so much for joining me today. All in all the embossing paste and stencil technique is super! I really like it and will continue to build my stencil and paste collection. In fact the paste was not even mine, I borrowed it from a friend cause I really wanted to try this technique.



Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by, Teresa

Comments

  1. Cool! Great card! I just bought some paste the other day. I need to get it out and play :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...