Skip to main content

Homemade Valentine Cards

Hi Everyone, Sandy here for Monday's Die Cutting and Tuesday's Card's Project (kinda like two posts in one again, hey, I'm on a roll!!!) . Using the Gypsy and Cricut, I was able to make these very easy homemade Valentine card for the kiddos to pass out at school for their party.

But first my tip for you: Recycling is a great way to make kid's projects. So save those tissue bogs and Pringle containers, you never know when you might need one.


Getting ready for the kiddo's party at school. I made these little sucker butterflies for my oldest's class. Using the Gypse, I welded two hearts together, joining at the points of the heart. This made a very cute butterfly. I made a 3" and 2" so I can layer them together. You can do this with any cut program and die cutting machine.  I didn't make the slots of the suckers big enough, oops.  So, I used a mini hole punch to slide the sucker in better.  

 Here is everything you need, it's very simple.

Here they are finished.

I also had to make some boxes for all the cards and goodies. I had a great idea to use a tissue box! A red one to boot!  Here is everything I used for this project.  The valentine paper, chipboard, cut outs came from the dollar bin at Target!!!  The paper is very thin, but it works great for projects like this one.

Here's how we decorated one of the boxes.
Unfortunately, I only had one red tissue box, but I needed to make another one. I used 12x12 heavy card stock for the base and 6x12 for the lid. (I don't have exact measurement because I just winged it. I can make another one if any one is interested)

And viola box #2...


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY


I hope your enjoyed today's project too. If you have a question, please leave it in the comments, and a DT member will get back to you. You can find more inspiration and projects at my blog: A Working Mom's Joy. Also, you can join up to our Facebook group: Scrapbook Blessings Club for more fun, games, inspiration, tips and techniques.      

Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,
SANDY,
  

Comments

  1. Love these. Makes me wish the kids were little again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy you did an awesome job! I LOVE how they turned out:) I miss making things for my daughter to take to school:(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...