Skip to main content

Pre- op Diet

Thanks Mama Bear for your comment.  I had Gall Bladder Surgery Tuesday (50 gall stones!!!!) and today I'm feeling more like myself.  A little more dizzier that usual though :)    My biggest update on my WLS is that I have a date!!! The Dr office called and it is going to be Oct 25th.  I'm nervous and excited at the same time!

As of today, I have lost 26 lbs too which is great and am 298lbs ( Can I officially say , I will NEVER see 300s again?!?!  I sure pray so).  My diet has been a restrictive one with my calories under 1200.  This may be too low for some people, but I though I would share some of the tips that I have been learning along the way.  Going through this process has been an eye opener in how the body works and my nutritionist is an angel.  I can call her any time.

Here's what I'm doing ( I know I'm preaching to the choir but bear with me, I think I finally got this for me)...
  • I eat 3 meals and 2 snack ( my snacks are 100 calories or under)  
  • I eat Protein first, then the veggies and fruit on my plate, and then if I'm still hungry I'll eat the bread.
  • Because of my surgery, I haven't ate any bread, pasta, cookies, chips, cake or ice cream for the last month and a half.  I'm not going to say it has been easy.  It just plain sucked for the first three-four weeks watching everyone around me eat these but now I'm handling it great.  I've found alternatives.
  • For my sweet tooth, I have sugar free chocolate pudding or sugar free jello with fat free whip cream.  If I want a snack that is a little more salty, I'll eat a low fat jerky with a slice of low fat cheese.  This works great for me right now!  Right now, I'm not tempted by the "bad" foods.  Don't know what it will be like down the road but right now this is how I'm feeling.
  • I have a tablet by my bedside.  I write down what I eat the whole day.  I don't carry this around or make it so involved.  Just jot down what you ate, the calories and know that tomorrow you will do better.  I also make a little note if I started my period or went to a party or out to eat.  That way I keep track.
  • There are a couple of great site that help me find out calories on my food, 
  • http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp; http://www.thecaloriecounter.com
  • There are plenty of free ones online. Just bookmark a couple to refer back to.
  • Learn the number game.  This is a bigggggg eye opener for me.  The average woman carries 5-7 lb extra water weight.  Our water weight flucuates so much because of our hormones.
  • Find out what your resting metabolic rate: just google this.  For me, it is 2021 calories.  This is how many calories my body burns a day just to function and keep me alive.  There are 3500 calories in 1 pound.  That is a 1479 difference, meaning if I eat only 2021 calories a day, I will lose 2.5 lbs in a week.  Light bulb moment for me.  
  • Now, insert real life.   Doing the best I can everyday and stop beating myself for not losing this weight and keeping it off and know that WLS for me is a tool that I will need to maintain any weight loss.
 Hope this helps someone :)  Praying you have a blessed weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...