Skip to main content

Marriage Monday

1st Monday Every Month at Chrysalis


Want this button?


I really like this Meme. The ladies have touched my heart, and I rejoice in how God has renewed their marriages.

Is there really the possibility of a perfect marriage? I don't think perfect, but I do think a good, healthy marriage is possible.

When I married 4 1/2 years ago, I thought my marriage was going to be "perfect" then I got real. It is like the Huggies commercial. Try other brands and then get real, get Huggies. You know, that one, lol.

Just a few years later, I really got real. My marriage isn't perfect, but it is a good one with all the valleys, hills, and mountains included. My biggest realization was my marriage is not perfect because I'm not perfect. I used to blame hubby 100% until I got the notice from above that 50% of that belongs to me.

With that in mind, I want to share our biggest odd that we over came together. It was my husband's ex-wife and son. Not going into all the gory details, just know there were many, many tears shed.

I knew I was marrying a man with "history" but in my rosy red glasses, I thought it was "history" I would be able to control. It was very hard going through things, like child support and visitation, and learning that I could control NOTHING!!! For me, this was just unacceptable, then God got ahold of me alone, no books, no dvds, etc. Just Him and me. But the wonderful thing is, He did the same thing with hubby too.

It wasn't my place to control the situation or my husband's actions. My place was to "Let go and Let God" work in the situation. I couldn't wrestle with flesh and blood, but I could take down spiritual strongholds through prayer and spiritual warfare. Were we going to let Satan destroy our marriage and family through this? Was I going to let my actions and words tear down my husband when he was doing the best HE could do at the time? No way!!!

This brought me and my husband closer and stronger than ever before. The good news is that we now have a relationship with hubby's son, and his ex has a softer heart towards me and my family.

My husband and I have endure much in our 4 short years that many marriages go through in 10-15. I do know that if God was not center in our marriage, we would be in counseling right now trying to "save" our marriage.

Here are the scriptures that ministered to me during this time:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Comments

  1. What a wonderful post, and a change in your heart. Thanks for putting it out there for us all to learn from.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...