Skip to main content

AUGUST Blog Hop- Autumn Fun day 1

Welcome to MFP  AUGUST Blog Hop Autumn Fun
There are some changes to our Blog Hop and  we hope you will be pleased with them. Be sure to look over the changes before hopping along.
Blog Hop guidelines can be found  HERE

Commenting and doing the tutorials will end sooner.
There will be prizes given for commenting and for doing the tutorials. Each winner will be chosen by Random.Org. Large stamp set for commenting. Mini stamp set for doing the tutorial,  and everyone doing the tutorials will  earn a Tutorial Badge. 
Now to the HOP!
Join us each day, Aug. 23 - 26, for some 
AUTUMN FUN! 
You will have until Friday, 3pm CT, Aug. 26th to comment and do the tutorials.

Tutorials
         1. Layered Embellishment by Gail  
2. Window Tent Card by Kren

NOW...
Let's get started HOPPING !!
Hi everyone, I am excited to have some Autumn Fun... even more, I want the weather!!!!! Bring on the bonfires, sweaters, and everything pumpkin, lol.

Kick off  Day One, I decided to try my hand at our first tutorial by Gail, the Layered Embellishment.

Supplies:
Designer paper- brown and orange chevron
Mini Stamps- acorn, sunflower, pumpkin
Versamark/ white embossing powder- fall greetings
Washi Tape- gold glitter leaves
Nuvo Crystal Drops- gold dots
and
Gold shimmer cardstock for a half matte
pop up dots for acorn to get dimension


Here is the card that I made with the embellishment. I soooo cheated! I used a piece of 12x12 double sided designer paper card stock. I cut it 12x4 and scored it at ". The brown design was already on it and the chevron is the other side of the paper. The side stripes is just a strip of the chevron. Like I said, a very easy cheat tip.


This is the stamp set I used, calendar 2013
found HERE in the store.

Here's the Design Team
MFP Stamp Shop 


Prizes and badge winners will be announced

on Sat. Aug. 27th.
BLOG HOP GUIDELINES AND RULES FOUND HERE! (Be sure to read)
Prize for Commenting is "BIG TREES"
 Big Trees stamp set
Prize for doing one of the tutorials is the mini stamp set "From The Woods " 
MFP Tutorial Badge awarded just for trying one of the tutorials.

Enjoy the Hop. Come back each day to be  inspired! Get to work on the tutorials and show  us what you make by Aug. 26, 3pm CT  and don't forget to be commenting! Come back  on Aug. 27th to see if you are a winner!!




We hope your enjoyed today's project. If you have a questions or suggestions, please leave it in the comments. Also, we invite you to join our Facebook groups: Scrapbook Blessings Club for more fun, games, inspiration, tips and techniques and YouTube Crafters.
 YouTube Crafters- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1608405749430235/
 FB- SBC group- https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheScrapBookblessingsClub/
 Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day!

Comments

  1. I love the washi tape that you used. Great idea to use this set. I love the touches of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute card. I almost used this set on one of my cards. I don't think it is cheating, it is called working smart. Those little stamps were made to be used like this. I like how you used the chevron strip on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool with all the stripes. Super interesting card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheating or not, I think it looks wonderful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card turned out very nice! I love the chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love all the patterns and the use of the Calendar set. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never have known you cheated!! Ha ha. Beautiful card.....can't wait to try the tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheating or not it's a fun card...lol...besides it's not really cheating it's CREATIVE :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever you to use paper already printed with pattern and texture! Your layered embellishment is so cute. I need to try this technique now too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is adorable! Love the way it's laid out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...