Skip to main content

Around the World Blog Hop

Thank you for joining us on the adventure of a lifetime! Pack your bags! Get those passports ready!
We are about to embark on a trip Around the World!
You should have arrived from Theresa in Mexico.
If you would like to start at the beginning of our tour,
Connie is the first stop on the...                                           Around the World blog hop.
This is a one day blog hop and we appreciate your leaving a comment for all of these talented crafters who are here sharing their ideas and creations. We hope that we can inspire you with culture and creations from around the globe.

We have a fantastic sponsor this month, ConnieCanCrop!
She will be giving one lucky winner a $10 gift certificate to spend in one of her online stores!
CTMH Shop
or 
What do you need to do to win? Easy... become a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a comment letting them know what you like best about their projects.
You will have until 12:00 am Monday to finish this hop and leave your comments.
Winners will be announced on Wednesday at Connie Can Crop.
Be sure to follow everyone and leave your blog love along the way!
Your destinations await you! Bon Voyage!


Hi Friends,
For today's hop I want to show you a project that I made for my sister. Her and the family left for Africa two years ago and is coming back in 5 weeks on Father's Day. She worked as a teacher/missionary.  So...yeah, I'm a little emotional right now.

She asked me to make some thank you cards to give to those that support Martin's 4 Africa.  But, I got to thinking, thank you cards are nice and all, but I wanted something that people can see everyday.  And when they do, they might be reminded to say a little prayer for her, Joe and the kiddos.  I came up with refrigerator magnets. It is something that people will see when they head to the fridge. She loved that idea.  

Here are the magnets that I made for my sis ...



You will need:
  • 3x3 chipboard square ( I got a poster board sheet of chipboard at the craft store, we made 50 of these from that sheet)
  • Mod Podge
  • 1 piece of 3x3 cardstock 
  • 1 piece of 3x3 Pattern Paper
  • Adhesive
  • Nail File
  • Distress Ink Pad
  • Embellishments- punches, stamps, die cuts, etc.
  • Magnet strips (can get in a roll or on a sheet at the craft store)
  • The Africa shape is just a clip art that I downloaded and printed from the computer. 

  • First, Adhere the card stock and pattern paper to the front and back (great way to use up scraps) on the chipboard square
  • File the edges, this will help the paper stay on the chip board.
  • The heart is from Cricut Craft Room Basics, cut @ .5" and the sandals are from Life's a Beach and cut at 1".
  • I wrote the sentiments on the front with a calligraphy pen and ink the edges and sides with the distress ink, 
  • After you decorate the front of your chipboard, do the back if you would like 
  •  You are going to Mod Podge with a couple of coats 
  • (I did 3-4 coats and it is well worth the extra time).
  • The Sandals represent the money (over $2000 that the kiddos raised for Shoes 4 Africa)
  • The heart is over Ethiopia, where they will be
  • Their Faith, Hope and Love is what has gotten them this far in this calling on their lives.
This is the back. 
                                 
As you can see, I decorated that back with this cute sentiment stamp. And using my Just Right 15pt. font set, I was able to sign them Martins 4 Africa.
Everyone was amazed that these are chipboard/paper and not wood.  With the Mod Podge texture and the extra coats, they are so sturdy and will last for a long time.

I hope you were inspired with this project.  Very easy to do, makes great gifts. Other ideas, are using photos of people or places that you have been, making personalized magnets to hold the kiddos school projects or even a to-do/shopping list.

ps: here are the "thank you" that I did previously for my sis. I used Life's a Beach and welded the letters together.  I attached with a brad to swing the top sandal over.




I hope your enjoyed today's project too.

Up next is ASHLEY W
Here is our complete line up in case you get lost along the way:
1. Connie (Greece)- http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com
2. Madge (Ireland)- www.thescrappinlounge.com
3. Theresa (Mexico)- http://scrapsbygracie.blogspot.com
6. Sarah (England) - www.sarahbiswabic.blogspot.com
7.Silvia (Scotland) - http://sillyscrap.blogspot.com/
12. Jessica (Jamacia)- www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com
13. Angela (USA)- www.crazy3monkeys.blogspot.com
14. Shawnee (France)- http://sunshinythought.com
15. Lyne (Germany)- http://lynnseverydayideas.blogspot.com

 If you have a questions or suggestions, please leave it in the comments. Also, you can join up to our Facebook group: Scrapbook Blessings Club for more fun, games, inspiration, tips and techniques. Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day! SBC Design Team Member

Comments

  1. Awesome projects! I'm going to add the magnets to my list to make. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea. Love it better than just a thank you card that might end up in the garbage. This will keep people thinking of the wonderful things your sister and her family have done for two years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are awesome! I love the magnet idea! Very clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and a memorable thank you gift and reminder to pray for your sister and her family. I love this idea and will be praying for your sister. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful idea! the magnets came out great! that is one spot on my bucket list to go to is Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool magnets and I liked that you showed how to put the projects together - TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Great job on your projects!!!!! LOVE THEM ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this idea! And they are really cute. I have missionary friends that would love these. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful magnets! Such a great idea and they are beautiful too. Praying for your sister and her family. Thanks for joining my hop. Scrappy hugs, connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great projects! I LOVE the magnets! I know your sister is going to love them. Enjoyed being in the hop with you!

    ~Ashley W
    proudusmcwife@gmail.com
    http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aweome magnets!! LOVE the flip flops on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are just the greatest! what a great way to help your sister! you must be so excited to see her again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great way to keep them in your prayers. Nice to participate in this hop with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty amazing gifts you made for your sister TFS your creative projects. Great hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous project and cause! the Magnets are amazing and the sandal card is super cute, I love how you used a brad to make is swivel. So fun! My Husband is going to Africa at the end of June. Thanks for the inspiration. Loves- Madge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...