Skip to main content

Pencil Dispenser

Hello, Friends!  Marilyn here with a back-to-school project - a pencil dispenser for a 2nd grade teacher.

Pencil Dispenser

While the kiddos are out enjoying their summer vacation, teachers are working behind the scenes getting their classrooms ready for the upcoming school year.  I have many family members who are teachers - from pre-k to college.   One of my DILs is a 2nd grade teacher and she spotted this on Pinterest with a note "I need this!"  How could I turn her down?  LOL!

Pinterest Inspiration


Here's what you need for this project:

  • Straw Dispenser - I purchased mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $14.99
  • Pencils - I used 48 colored pencils purchased at Walmart
  • Square1 Repostionable - 1 sheet approximated $1
  • Silhouette Cutter 
  • Stickles
Open the straw dispenser and remove the straws that come with it.  Remove all tape and labels.  I had to use Goo Gone to get some of the sticky stuff off.

Straw Dispenser purchase at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $14.99

Next you will need to decide what to put on the outside of the new pencil dispenser.  I liked all the polka dots from my inspiration picture.  I also wanted the teacher's name included.  Using my Silhouette software, I typed the text I want and colored filled.  I also made a bunch of .75" circles and filled with assorted colors.  

I turned on the registration marks and sent my design to my ink jet printer that had a sheet of Square1 Repositionable in it.  Once printed, I loaded the Square1 onto a mat and cut out the shapes with my Cameo.

Printed Square1 ready to be cut
The Square1 will peel right off the backing and apply like a sticker.  I positioned the "PENCILS" in the center and placed "MRS." above and "GARRETT" below.  The colored circles were randomly placed.

Pencil dispenser with Square1 applied
Time to add the pencils!  I chose the different colored #2 pencils.  Love the colors.

#2 pencils purchased at Walmart

After all the pencils were in, the dispenser looked like this:

Dispenser with Pencils inside


Now, a little bling and sparkle.  I added Stickles to the letters.

Completed Pencil Dispenser all Blinged Up!
Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by, ~ Marilyn


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...