Skip to main content

Grad Card

Hey kids!  Cindy back on the SBC blog today.  I have a fun fold graduation card to share.  I saw a video on Utube for this cardbase but I lost it.  And I'm getting old I guess--because I can't remember the name of the fold.  Don't you hate that???!!!  LOL!!  If anyone knows what the name of this fold is please put a note in the comments :-)  This is an easy one!!

TiP:  You may want to include a journaling spot in your design on this card.

This is a side view of the card base.

 Start with a piece of cardstock that is 5 1/2 x 11 1/4".  Score at 4 1/4, 8 1/2, 9 1/2, 10 1/2.
 Fold at 4 1/4.  Make a mountain fold at 8 1/2" score line.
 Valley at the 9 1/2 score line.
 Mountain @ 10 1/2" score line.

Flip your card over.  Apply glue or adhesive of your choice to the top flap and close the card base.  It should look like the first photo (see above).

 Front of my card.

Back of my card.

Recipe:
Seasonal Cake Art Cricut cart - Abigail @ 3/4", Congrats @ 1", class of @ 1/2"
When I Was a Kid Cricut cart - photo frame @ 3 1/2"
Bugaboo Digi Stamp - Ava Grad Sitter
Trendy twine
pop dots
water color pencils

I hope I've inspired you to make something fun today!  Join us on our FB page for more fun things.  Thanks for stopping by!

Cindy---In Love with PAPER

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One name is Tent card. Found videos on youtube.com and splitcoaststampers.com ... just type in search 'tent card'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling. What a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you G-ma! I knew someone would have the name for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I'm going to have to try this fold. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...