Skip to main content

Layout Friday with Melissa

Hello, lovelies! Melissa here with a layout for you all. When I first started crafting, I started by scrap booking. Since then, I have evolved into cards, home decor, altered art, etc. I haven't done a traditional scrap layout in quite some time. So, today I have a single photo shadowbox frame to share with you. You can make these in any size you want as long as that size frame is available. The bigger the frame, the more photos you will be able to add.

Tip: Distress the edges of your photo and papers to add interest. I used the edge of my scissors, and then inked everything in brown ink. It really makes things pop, especially when you don't have a large area to work with.

Here is my final layout prior to being put in the frame. I wanted you to be able to see it without a glass glare.


Then here it is in the shadowbox frame. I'm sorry for the glare, but there was really no way to avoid it.


Recipe:
  • Papers - Recollections Sweetest Thing
  • Cardstock - Close To My Heart Avonlee, Kraft
  • Recollections swirl bling and leather adhesive backed flowers
  • Sentiment stamp is from Close To My Heart, but I am unsure of the name of the set
  • Ink - CTMH chocolate 


I think the hardest part of this entire project was deciding what papers to use. From there I just started to distress and layer. The bling were bits and pieces from various swirl designs left over from other projects. I rarely use bling as is, because I feel like you get more mileage out of them if you piece them here and there as needed.

As always, thank you so much for stopping by! If you have any questions, please let me know.



Comments

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...