Skip to main content

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY

Hi everyone, this is Sandy from Scrapbook Blessings Club, and I have today's guest post for 
Making Our Life Matter. So let's jump right in!

I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July no matter where you are in the world.  We have fun with parades, picnics, fireworks...the whole sha-bang. So in honor of the 4th, I made this cute rosette decoration for the holiday...

You have probably seen those cute little triangle party banners for holidays and birthdays.  I wanted something different from the normal banner that I usually hang for all the holidays. This projects is an alternative take on those banners.



I usually hang my banners on the fireplace, so instead of just one long banners, I went with 3 large rosettes. Here is an up close look...

 The letters were cut from the Cricut Die Cutting Machine using Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.  The letter size is at 3.75" and I used Ranger's Stickles glitter glue to give them some bling.  You can kinda sorta see it on the "A".
 

Now to make these rosettes all you need is paper, scissors, hot glue gun or strong adhesive and a something with a straight edge to score the pleats in the paper.

Here is a tutorial that I did a while back making a fancy rosette which is what the white is. The sizes for this project are larger. I went (2pcs.) 12x4 for the pattern paper, glued together to make the larger rosette. And 12x2 for the white ones.

I hope your enjoyed today's project too. If you have a questions or suggestions, please leave it in the comments. Also, you can join up to our Facebook group: Scrapbook Blessings Club for more fun, games, inspiration, tips and techniques. Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day! 
 Sandy Hentzel, SBC owner and administrator.

Comments

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...