Skip to main content

Christmas in July Blog Hop

Welcome to Day 1 of the 
Get ready for some great ideas that you can start creating now for Christmas.
Along the way today, you'll find card and gift ideas, a scrapbook layout page or two 
and even a couple great decorating ideas. 

We hope this hop gets you in the holiday spirit a little early this year. 

We'd like to say a HUGE THANKS to


and she is giving away 

 This great prize package includes: Whisper White & Calypso Coral card stock, Washi Tape trio, Versa Mark Ink Pad, the Mosaic & Large Flowers Punches.

All you have to do to win this fabulous prize is comment on each of the blogs.
That's it! It really is easy.  
Of course, we would love it if you became a follower too. 

Comment buttons can be found at the bottom of the post (on most of the blogs).

Now on with the hop!

You should have arrived here from 

So for this blog hop, I want to show you one of my favorite tutorials. No more paying for bows when you can make them yourself!!!

DYI GIFT BOWS
by Sandy Hentzel

ITEMS NEEDED:
Featured stamp set is "Please Snow 2014" from MFP Stamp Shop


  • 8.5x11 copier paper 
  • paper trimmer
  • adhesive
  • stamp set
  • stamp block
  • color inks
INSTRUCTIONS: 

 1. Using the stamps, block and ink, randomly stamp the image all over the paper
covering entire area to make your pattern paper background.

2. Cut your paper in strips using the paper trimmer as follows:

  • 3 strips- 10 1/2 x 3/4"
  • 3 strips- 9 1/2 x 3/4"
  • 2 strips- 8 1/2 x 3/4"
  • 1 strip- 3 1/2 x 3/4"

3. Loop one strip into a figure 8 and using adhesive, glue ends together 
in the middle.

Do this for all strips except for the 3 1/2" one. You will make a loop with that piece.



4. Starting with the largest strips, start forming the base of the bow, gluing
each piece down on top of the other.

5. Then going to the next largest (9 1/2) and then the smaller 2 strips (8 1/2), 
keep stacking the strips in top of each other until you form the bow, ending with the
3 1/2 loop in the very center.

6. OPTIONAL: To finish off the bow, punch out an 1 1/2" circle and stamp 
a cute image or sentiment. Adhere to the top loop.

And here is the completed bow. With practice you can make this bow in less
that 5 min. 


Misc. tips:

  • Using copier paper makes it easier to form figure 8 loops, so you want to use a light weight paper.
  • You can use magazine, newspapers and gift wrap to make your bows.
  • Instead of adhesive you can use a stapler to fasten loops together. Score tape is another favorite of mine, especially if the paper is heavier.

Your next stop is 

Here is today's hop line-up in case you get lost along the way.

Be sure to hop tomorrow too for even more great holiday projects and ideas. 
You can start tomorrow at Theresa's blog. 

I hope your enjoyed today's project. I would love if you were a follower. Let me know so I can follow back. Thanks for stopping by,
 

Comments

  1. Fabulous gift bows. Thanks for an easy to follow tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bow and your instructions are so easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea. I never thought to make my own bows and you could coordinate them with your paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the instructions I am going to try making my own bows now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely gorgeous! what a fantastic job! next time I need a special bow, I think I can do this!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! Love the step by step. Thanks for hopping with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Thank you for sharing how to make a cute bow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love making homemade bows!!! Yours is ADORABLE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great project idea...great instructions, too! Looking forward to trying this and saving bucks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOWOWOWOW look how fun this is :) Thanks for the project idea I think I'll be giving this a try this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love It! I had made a few of these a long time ago. I forgot all about them. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I have never tried making a bow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is awesome! I have never tried one of these before! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love making my own bows too
    yours is a adorable with that cute image one top TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing! I am so doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 5 min. to make that?? Nah uh! Would take 5 hrs. for me. Just kiddin'! :-) Adorable bow! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great tutorial. I"m going to do this myself for sure. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a cool idea! TFS. I've been following you for a while. It’s nice participating in the Christmas in July blog hop with you!

    La-Vie B.
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful bows! I will have to come back and try to make those! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the bows, and while I've made bows, I've never stamped the background to make one. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How clever. Love it!! I am sure that all your Christmas packages will look stunning! Thanks for hopping with me today.

    Sharondalyn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your bow. I will have to try making those. Following your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow that is an awesome Christmas bow, u did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this idea! Thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great tutorial! Love your bow! Enjoyed being in the hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. so much fun! thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG, how stinkin cute is this?! I will need to try this out, thanks for the tutorial and inspiring!! Enjoyed being in this hop with you :0)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Woooooooooow !!!!!!! What a blog !!!!!! I will have to try making those. Following your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...