Skip to main content

Mini album

Hey kids!  Happy Friday! Cindy back on the blog today.  I've created a mini album for each of the girls in my daughter's brownie troop.  The troop started two years ago and this mini has pictures from the various events or fun activities they participated in.  Since I had 14 books to make I kept the design simple :-)  These little books were handed out at their bridging ceremony.  They are now on to Girl Scouts.  Wooo-hoo!

I used cereal boxes for the covers.  I cut them on my Cricut using a deep cutting blade set at 6, low speed, max pressure and multi cut @ 2.  The covers measure 6 3/4" square and the actual pages are 6 1/2 x 6 1/2".  I just glued two pieces of patterned paper together to form the pages.  The pictures are 4 x 6.

 Front cover.  I used Elegant Edges Cricut cart - butrfly1 @ 6 3/4" using the book feature.  Sasha was cut using Cricut Craft Room Basics.  The letters are 1" and I welded them together.
When you cut the patterned paper for the inside cover make sure to flip the image :-)
Troop 5739 was cut using Cricut Craft Room Basics.  The letters are 1" and I welded them together.

For journaling spots I just cut white 6 x 6 papers and put a stamp in the top left corner.  Stamps are Jillibean soup seal stamps.  (says 'Love this')


I've used the butterfly on this page (it's the cut out from the front cover :-)

stamp says 'Happy Moments'

 


stamp says 'laugh loudly'



Back cover.  The books were bound with a Cinch and .75 wires.  I added ribbons to 3 of the rings.  Paper for this book is The Paper Studio - Girls Just Want to Have Fun.

I left space for them to journal and add any add'l photos they want to. 

Thanks for stopping by today :-)  I hope I've inspired you to make a simple mini book.





Cindy---In Love with PAPER

Comments

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...