Skip to main content

MFP Stamp Shop June Blog Hop

Welcome to the MFP Stamp Shop
June Blog Hop

Let's get started!!!!
This month's new Stamp Set Releases are:

Featured June 23
Paper Doll Chuck

Featured June 24
 Paper Doll Chuck Formal and Hunting

Featured June 25
 Background Diamonds and Flowers

Featured June 26
Pots and Vases 2

Please Hop along with us!! You have a chance to win one of these new stamp sets! Just comment on the following blogs ( don't forget this one ) each day for more chances to win! ( You do NOT need to comment on on all the blogs each day! The names are drawn randomly.) The winners will be announced on June 26, 2015 right here on the MFP Stamp Shop Blog. You can go back and comment if you missed a day. ( HINT: The more you comment the more chances you have to win. And comments on the MFP blog count twice. ) The deadline for commenting is Friday June 27, 2015 at 10:00 PM EST.


Today's stamp set is Paper Doll Chuck. He's joined the rest of the MFP StampShop paper doll gang. However, today is not my day and due to circumstances beyond my control, I have no home phone, cable or internet, and have no clue why. And have lost pictures for this hop. They were here now they are gone. I am really bumbed because I did a fun tutorial for the hop. I am still trying to upload my pictures but the little computer circle just keeps turning and then it goes to timed out. I am able to edit this post right now on my phone and will try again in the morning for the pictures. But the hop must go on...up next is Shirley. So long for now.

UPDATE!!!!

After 3 storm systems, 1 power outage and a call to the cable company,I have internet access again. The good news all my photos were saved in downloads and I didn't loose anything! So here is my project for the hop...

Easy Pencil Coloring for Paper Dolls

You need your stamp- Chuck, a larger glass block, a good ink that doesn't smear with coloring and the secret tool...a mouse pad to stamp on!

The mouse pad will help you get a crisper imaged and define all the little details.

To color, I like to use Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol (OMS) and paper stub.  I started out using Crayola pencils, baby oil and q-tip way back when I was interested in using pencils.

You want 3 colors, light, med and dark. My go to colors are Lite Peach, Peach And Burnt Umber.

Color with light peach first, you don't have to be neat.

Outline the whole image (all the lines) with the peach.

Using the Gamsol, blend the light peach and peach. Next outline all the places you think there would be a shadow with the burnt umber.

Blend the last color with the Gamsol, color in the hair (I just used Burst Umber again) and there you go... Chuck in his tidy whities!!!!

Hope you like this tutorial and sorry for the crazy delay.


Here's the Design Team
Enjoy the Hop. Come on back tomorrow for more creative fun!!

I hope your enjoyed today's project. I would love if you were a follower. Let me know so I can follow back. Thanks for stopping by, ps: Also, you can join up at my Challenge/Tutorial Blog: Scrapbook Blessings Club and Facebook group: Scrapbook Blessings Club for more fun, games, inspiration, tips and techniques. Have a blessed day! Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. I didn't see your creation. Something wrong with your post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger blanked out my pictures, theywere all white with a broken computer sign but I got them up now. Thanks

      Delete
  2. I will be back to check out your card and tutorial. Looking forward to it, Hope everything works out for you in electronics land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was really excited to do a tutorial and then really bummed with all the problems.

      Delete
  3. Don't you just hate it when that happens! Computers can be your friend, but they can also be the source of so much frustration. I hope you get things straightened out. I'll check back tomorrow to see if you've had any luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, blogger must be having some hiccups; I keep getting that little twirly circle, too, so I found that if I use Google Chrome I can get my uploads completed. Looking forward to your creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try Chrome, too many problems with Explorer. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Good job on coloring with color pencils.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the tutorial how you coloring him
    Stunning coloring Sandy
    I love this much

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tutorial. Chuck looks good. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...