Skip to main content

Walk in the Wild Side Blog Hop

Hi Friends!  Thanks for stopping by the blog hop today. You should have hopped over from Haidee but if you are coming in the middle, you can start with Lisa, our hop hostess. Make sure you leave a comment on all the blogs because there is some awesome giveaways!

We were asked to make a project that inspires us to "walk on the wild side".  For my project, I attempted animal masks for the kiddos, but they didn't come out how I wanted them to, so on to plan B...
I ask Ms Jessie-girl if she wanted to help Mama with a cute layout of my of her going to the zoo for the first time. She was excited and amazed that she went without her brother and sister. I laughingly told her that she was more than enough for us by herself at the time.

I had a cute zoo theme sticker pack and a couple of pictures that she picked out and this is what she came up with...


I think she did a great job and was really impressed on how she clustered some of the items. She told me it was because she watched me. (she is 8 now by the way).  I love how she has the monkey hanging from the picture!

And now it was Mama's turn. I tweaked it just a little bit and she loved it...
I added some stickles on the animals to make them pop, added a couple journal labels (someone suggested this in my comments from last hop and I loved the idea). And I punched out the corners of the 12x12 paper.
Here are some close ups...

So there you have it. I love scrapbooking with my kiddos and this was a great hop to scrap some of my older pictures! Thanks for stopping by, your next stop is Lucy.

The following is a list of all the sites that have been so generous and are sponsoring this blog hop. A Walk On The Wild Side Blog Hop August 24th

Royal Prize Pack from Theresa TheScrapbooking Queen

$15.00 Gift Certificate from KaDoodle Bug Designs

$10.00 Gift Certificate from Treasure Box Designs

Stamp Set of winners choice from Paper Sweeties


$15.00 Gift Certificate from Too Cute by Jessica


A gift valued at $10.00 from Lettering Delights



Line Up:

Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,
 

Comments

  1. Wonderful layouts Sandy and such good memories to treasure. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts and even more wonderful that your daughter helped out.
    Thank you for sharing.
    marcia
    mvanhoosan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is so adorable! She did a wonderful job helping you! tanks for being in the hop with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute zoo layout. I follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great layout. Love the little animals the giraffe is my favorite! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely blog hop 'A Walk on the Wild Side'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your layouts. I especially love that you did them together. What a sweet memory to add to the zoo memories. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com
    (Google follower)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your layout! Love that you worked on it together...more memories being made. ;-) Like how you added the Stickles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute page


    cathie
    scraphappycat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is so special that you allowed your daughter to work on it with you. And it came out super cute! Scrappy hugs, Connie
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable layout, love all the wild critters!! Nice that it was shared with your daughter,
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute layout. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous layout and how fun that you had some mom and daughter scrapping time!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  14. fun to have family work on the LO with, TFS your memory great hoping with you

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a sweet layout and a wonderful memory

    Linda
    lindascreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute layout !!

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow your layout is so cute. I like the different embellishments used on the animals.

    TFS An'Jenic-

    ReplyDelete
  18. That layout is good. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. very cute LO

    I'm a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cool that you daughter scrapped her first visit to the zoo!!! LOVE the monkey hanging down from the picture :)

    Glad to be in this hop with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the trip to the zoo LOs. The big sparkly ears on the elephant are sooooo cute!!!
    I am a brand-new follower of yours by Blogger.
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your blog hops! Such a cute Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely LO and I really like the sticker idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woo Hoo going on a safari... So zipping along and enjoying the fun. This is a great LO... The animals are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the layouts! She did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sandy I really like the layout you did it fits the theme of the hop perfectly. Thank you for joining me in the hop. Look forward to having you in another one with me.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute layouts. I really love the giraffe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...