Skip to main content

DYI- Window Scene Card

Sandy here with Monday's Die Cutting project. There are many window dies on the market, but I don't have one and didn't have time to order one so getting out my trusty scissors, I created my own.  So this is a  "faux die cut" or a DYI- paper piecing card.

My tip for you: invest in some foam pop up tape. You can get this at the craft or hardwear store cheap and last much longer that pop dots. Plus you can cut the size and with that you really need.

Here is what I used for this project: Momento Sky Blue ink, glue pen, white/blue/brown cardstock, small pattern papers, scissors, white paint pen (not showm), digi stamp and little images from a 12x12 design paper pad.

Photo is loading

First, I chose small prints for my "curtains and wallpaper". Then, taking my blue card, I dotted "snow" using the white marker pen.
Photo is loading

To give the card dimension, I used foam pop up tape. Here you can see how I free- handed the curtain shape and then cut them out.
Photo is loading

Using brown card stock, I cut strips and ran them in the Cuttlebug with the wood embossing folder. For my smaller piece, I added foam pop up tape.
Photo is loading

With the white card stock, I free- cut a couple of "snowy hills". I also inked the edges with the Sky Blue ink.
Photo is loading

Now the fun part is seeing the pieces come together! I added a small piece of brown to the top to be my "curtain rod". I also cut out a couple to make up the window panes.
Photo is loading

I wanted a snowman and tree that you could see "outside" so I cut them from designer paper that can in a Christmas 12x12 paper pad.
Photo is loading

My digi stamp is from Sunsational Stamps. He is actually peeking out of the stocking but I just colored him and cut him away from the stocking. I'll save the stocking for another card. I also colored hit stocking cap to make it wintery and not Christmasy. I used Spectrum Nior markers to color this little guy.
Photo is loading

And here we go, a cute card with dimension.
Photo is loading

The final DYI Window Scene card!
Photo is loading

Hope you like it and learned a new to you technique! If you have a question, please leave it in the comments, and a DT member will get back to you. You can find more inspiration and projects at my blog:A Working Mom's Joy. Also, you can join up to our Facebook group: Scrapbook Blessings Club for more fun, games, inspiration, tips and techniques.      

Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,
SANDY,
  

Comments

  1. I love this so much! You did a lot of work and it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...