Skip to main content

Happy Mother's Day



Welcome to the "Mother's Day" Blog Hop!  

We're so happy you could join us today to honor Mothers, Daughters, Aunts or any other woman who has been a great influence in our lives!


 You should have arrived from PAM.  If you happened by my blog or are joining me from your dashboard, head over to Miranda's blog to start at the beginning.  
We don't want you to miss any of the fun! 


In addition to seeing a lot of awesome projects, there is some blog candy available too.  Miranda will be giving away a Michael’s or JoAnn's gift card (winner's choice).  To be eligible for the blog candy, you are required to visit each stop in the hop and leave a comment!  
The winner will be announced Wednesday, May 15th on Miranda's blog! 

So here are my projects for this great hop... First off, I made this cute bag using 1 sheets of 8.5"x 11" pink card stock.  No cutting and just a little bit of  glue.


  • To make this mini bag, follow this tutorial... HERE
  • Used MS scallop border punch and purple dot ribbon for accents
  • "Happy Mother's Day" used Nursery Rhymes font 1/2"and welded together using Gypsy/CCR
Lacy Labels (one of my favorites) used to make 3" tag, cut out all 2 layers in pink, purple and dark pink.

 Tip: when short on the color card stock you need, cut the letters and shape from the inside and then adhere 2nd layer over top.

  •  to place words straight, start with the middle word, adhere, then go back to the top and place the rest.


  •  the finished tag, it is easier to put together on your mat first and then adhere to your project (I've done it the other way and it never fails, I have to take it all apart, usually because I glues it crooked, lol)


Here is my second project... I used the same label, colors and ribbon.
  • I started with a side step card as my base (this card does close up but with the flowers it won't fit in an envelop so putting it is a gift bag with my present is the way to go)
  • Used accent ribbon and some pearls to the bottom
  • Used flowers that I took off from a flower bunch I bought for a different project. The only way to get the flowers to stay is using hot glue.
  • I added some stickles to the label too, cotton candy pink.   Never seen this before and I love how it turned out.
LINKING UP TO:
FANTABULOUS CRICUT- mom cards
ALL THAT STICKLES- cotton candy stickles
CUT IT UP- mothers day
STUCK ON U SKETCHES- mother/mom

Also, I have two hops today and I will be giving away a goodie box of new items from comments of both hops.  All you have to do is leave a comment.  If you are a follower let me know and you get 2 chances.

Next on the hop is MARJI!!!

Should you get lost along the way, here is the entire line up:

Miranda - www.nanasscrapspot.com

Tabetha - http://tabethascreations.blogspot.com/

Sarah - www.sarahbiswabic.blogspot.com

Teresa- www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

Jessi- www.mylifeinartsncrafts.com

Vanessa http://wwwpaperkraftsunlimiteddesings.blogspot.com/

LLuvia- http://sweetbirdmemories.blogspot.com/

Carolyn-http://www.grandmacarol46580.blogspot.com/

Ashley - http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com/

Sarah Mae - http://itswhatkeepsmesane.blogspot.com/

Jennyfer - http://www.scrapalajen.blogspot.com/

Vicki - http://scrapbookingcreationsbyvicki.blogspot.com/

Pam - http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

Sandy- http://scrapbookblessings.blogspot.com/

Marji-http://www.fstampaholic.blogspot.com/


Nana- http://http://www.nanasscrapspot.com/


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,
 

Comments

  1. Your projects are wonderful! Your friend, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful projects! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome projects. I'm a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are amazing! Thanks so much for being a part of the hop today! Happy Mother's Day!
    Miranda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your adorable bag and beautiful card are matching! So pretty!
    So happy to be in the hop with you!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the tutorial on the delightful bag; both projects are treasures! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute projects! Your bag is really great, and your side step card is really cool with the flowers! Thank you for joining the All That Stickles Cotton Candy linky party! ~Karen, ATS-DT http://karey2005.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty card, I love the step cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving your Card and Bag! I made my Mom a Gift Card Bag a lot like your Bag. Thanks for Sharing. I'm already a follower. Happy Mother's Day to you. :0)
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT projects... Love them both, but I am in awe with that card... Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very PRETTY!!! AWESOME job!
    Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenge.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Mother's Day purse is so cute. TFS.
    D~ dmcardmaker (AOL)
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great projects,They are AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That purse is so versatile and it is a cutie. Lovely card.

    KristaInMN@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great gift bag and card! I love the framed sentiment! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable purse and card! I am a follower.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super gift set, I like the pretty frame! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this gift bag. Maybe next year I will make one of these for my mom. Thanks for sharing. I am also a follower of your blog.
    scrappinlaurie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darling projects!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial with us as well!!
    ~Donna K

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a clever idea and I LOVE the use of Stickles! They add just the right amount of sparkle to your project! Thanks for playing with us at All that Stickles!! ~ Cathy, ATS DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow.. This is so very cute and what a great idea. I am remembering this for next year. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the bag AND the card! You really filled up those steps! So pretty. Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenge Blog!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a wicked project. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at CIU this week.

    Anita

    DT CIU

    http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great projects. Great tip on cutting the letters. Thanks for sharing, and joining us at All that Stickles.

    Tonya DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...