Skip to main content

My story and where I am now...

My battle with weight, diets, failures, successes started as a little girls.  By the age of 4, I was a chunky little girl. I was one of the biggest kids in the class.  At one point in high school, I lost the pounds by exercise, I still "felt" like I was the biggest.  So my battle has not been only the physical weight but the mental and emotional weight.   I've never know what it is to be thin and that scares me a little. 

  I have been married for almost 6 years to a wonderful man.  He loves me, the whole me.  He likes me plus size, but he wants me to be happy and spend many many many years together.  We tease that we'll put up with each other so we can have a golden 50th anniversary.  My biggest fear is that I won't make it.  We have 3 beautiful children, ages 5, 3 and 2, a wonderful home and a great family/church.  Life is good on all fronts.  Yes,  we have our ups and downs, it's called life, but I am blessed in the fact that we have many more ups that downs.

  After our youngest child (Sept 08), I knew I had to get control of the weight.  I was at 320lb, after the baby I went to 312 at the hospital.  I decided I was going to try WW.  I won a 3 mo. free online membership, yeah!!!  From Sept 08 to May 09, I lost 70 lbs.  I went from 320 to 250 and even for a couple of days, flirted with 240s.  I blogged about it, I was excited about it, I did it on my own, logging everything I ate, counted points and exercise!  I could do this!!!  At the end of May 09, my sciatic pain flared up.  I was discouraged and depressed.  All this hard work and I still have pain!!!! What the heck!!!  I kill my self, deny myself and still have pain!  So I did the best thing... I ignored going to the doctor and getting help,  I decided to go to the fridge instead.  Gained 5 lbs that week, lost it, gained, 10lbs, lost it, gained 15lbs.  Guess what by May 2010, I am now back to 320lbs!

  I am my biggest now at 322 lbs (7-31-10) at age of 35.  What is going to make this time different in losing the weight? ...  WLS.  I know I can lose the weight but now I can keep it off.  The other big factor is that I am not doing this alone.  I am going through this journey with my baby sister.   I have 3 toddlers that I can't take care of.  I need to lose this weight for them.  I don't want to die at 40 and leave my family without me.  I have this chance to change my life, for me, for them and I'm gonna take it!

  My insurance will pay for VGS.  I have my doctor (highly recommended).  My first appt is Aug 27th at 9pm ( my sister went July 29th, she gave me the heads up).  My medical necessity form is submitted.  My psych appt is Aug 6th. I went to my first support group meeting.  I even have my pre- cert referral number from the insurance!  Ready to go!!!  

So that is where I am now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...