Skip to main content

Marks Finest Papers August Blog Hop- Day 4


Welcome to the Marks Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company

August Blog Hop! 

This month's New Stamp Set Releases are

Dear Santa I have been a good little crafter!  Welcome back to our last day of our hop.
I had an absolute blast with these stamp set!!!  So lets get started!

First I did a Brrrr card with this darling snowman! Where do you these he is? I made this for a special friend in mind (hint, she doesn't get snow!)
My Card Tip: want clothes with a design... paper piecing. Pick a small pattern paper design and stamp you image on it, then just cut out what you want and post it on top of a second stamped image on white cardstock. Such an easy and fun technique.

Next, Santa and I had a lot of fun together. First I made this easy ornament. I just used a rosette that I cut from my Cuttlebug and using cute Santa circle stamp, I made this easy to do ornament.  I think this would be a great craft for the kiddos to do for Christmas.

I decided to try a different card technique.

A Slider Card.
Fun to do but I need to practice a little more, lol.

Yesterday I mention the Pearl Pen for small/large beads/dots. I also used it for Santa's beard. I just moved the tip of the pen in little random swirls.
Of course I have my tried and true stand by, Stickles, for Santa's cap.

I am sad, I really enjoy these hops but I hope to see you next month. Plus don't forget the fabulous challenges, tutorials and all around fun at MFPS blog and ning site!

Please hop along with us! You have a chance to win one of the above stamp sets! Just comment on the following blogs (don't forget this one), each day for more chances to win! (You do NOT have to comment on all the blogs each day! The names are drawn randomly!) All six winners will be announced on 
Aug. 16, 2014 on the Mark's Finest Papers blog. You can go back and comment if you missed a day. (HINT: The more you comment, the more chances you have to win and comments on the MFP blog count twice!) 
The deadline for 
commenting is 10 PM EST on Friday Aug. 15, 2014


Here's the Design Team:

Come on back tomorrow for more creativity.

Comments

  1. Santa is coming to town !! Beautiful creations with santa's stamp and cute snowman. Love it, so creative. Thanks for sharing.

    Lidya (Cloud's project)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects today - some lovely cards with shine and sparkle and a great ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, I want one of those pearl pens - how great is that and Santa's beard looks wonderful. I love slider cards but haven't made one in forever - I need to make one soon. All your cards are fun with their fun techniques and the super new images. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ornament! Great fun! The slider card is a brilliant idea too and I adore the embossed layers, colours and textures you have used throughout. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these are all so very pretty
    Like your first Santa
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ornament turned out great such a great idea...
    Your cards are very nice...
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pearl pen made a great beard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing a close up of Santa. I love how the beard looks. The sparkles on his hat looks amazing. I like the idea of a slider card. I can just see the smile on the face of a child as he pulls out the slider. You did a fabulous job showcasing this month's sets. I am looking forward to seeing what you do next month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable cards! Love the texture you created on the Santa card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marvelous projects. And I loved the way you made Santa's beard with the Pearl Pen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your wonderful cards! I'm getting in the Christmas mood!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandy,
    Your cards are adorable and your ornament is awesome wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun projects. Love the pull out tag on Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi- You did a marvelous job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute cards. I love how you did Santa's beard.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have become a follower. I love your cards. Santa is a favorite of mine and I just won the Dear Santa stamp set, so excited.
    http://joycesloveoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...