Skip to main content

DIY Cake Carrier

Hello, Friends!  Marilyn here with a DIY Cake Carrier project.  I've seen these cake carriers all over the Pinterest board.  It appears to me that they were all created using vinyl.  Vinyl definitely works, but I much prefer working with Square1 printable.


Finished Cake Carrier

Here's what you'll need :



  • Cake Carrier - I've actually seen nice ones at the Dollar Store.  But today I didn't score and had to purchase mine at Walmart.
  • Square1 Printable (or vinyl) - I used about 1 1/2 sheets per cake carrier.
  • Tulle or Ribbon - just to fancy it up
  • Silhouette Software
  • Cameo Cutter


Step 1:  Get the cake carrier.  As I said above, I've seen nice ones at the Dollar Store and could just kick myself for not getting one when I saw it.  The ones used in this post are from Walmart.

Cake Carrier from Walmart

Step 2:  Make your designs.  I decided upon an initial with chevron fill.  It's sized at about 4.5" in height.  The polka dots are all 1" circles that are color filled with random color selections.

Design within Silhouette Software.
The initial was created using the Bookman Old Style font in bold.
See all the 1" circles?  I way underestimated what I needed - double the number.

Step 3:  Print and Cut.  Load a sheet of Square1 Printable in your printer and print normally making sure you've added the registration marks first.  Once done, load to your Cameo and cut outside lines only.  (All those chevron lines are way too much work to deal with.  That's another reason why I'm using Square1 Printable instead of vinyl.)

Cut your images - outside lines only
Step 4:  Peal and Stick.  Yep - it's that easy.  Love Square1 Printable for this reason.  Super user friendly in my opinion.

Cake Carriers before ribbon and tulle
Step 5:  Add some tulle or ribbon on top.  Now prior to this, I had assumed that I had lots of tulle in lots of colors.  Reality is so sad sometimes.  I ended up using a little tulle on one carrier and some curling ribbon on the other.

Finished Cake Carrier

Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,  ~ Marilyn

 

Comments

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...