Skip to main content

Garden Flag Tutorial - AND - Give-A-Way!

Hello, Friends.  Marilyn here with a tutorial on creating a Monogram Garden Flag.

The Winner of the Garden Flag contest is Jesenia Pagan!  I will be contacting her via email to get specifications for her personalize Garden Flag.  Congratulations Jesenia!

*** There are three different types of Monogram Flags in this Blog Post.  If you would like a chance to win one, leave a comment below with your email (so I can contact the winner) as well as which style of Garden Flag you like the best.  You have 1 week to enter - starting Saturday, August 16, 2014 through Friday, August 22, 2014.  I'll contact the winner via email next Saturday, August 23!  You can earn a second chance to win by sharing this blog post on either your Facebook page or Pinterest (or both!).  Make sure you let me know in your comment that the link was shared.  Thank you and Good Luck! ***

  • Comment below with your email address
  • Include your flag choice
  • Did you share this blog link?  Let me know to have a 2nd change to win


Garden Flag - Version 1
Here's what you'll need:
  • Burlap Flag - If you sew, you can make your own. 
  • Garden Flag Stand - I found the flag stands at Lowes for $7.98 and Walmart for $5.98 (approximately)
  • Silhouette 
  • Vinyl or Ink Transfer - I used Ink Transfer
  • Heat Press or Iron - I used a heat press

After acquiring your burlap garden flag, you'll need to also get a garden flag stand.  You'll need to assemble by screwing a couple of the lengths together.

Garden Flag Stand purchased at Lowe's for $7.98
On my garden flag, I decided I wanted a Split Letter of "L" with our family name in the center and our first names at the bottom.  The Split Letter is created within Silhouette using the Regal Font.  To see a tutorial on creating a split letter go here.

Regal Font that was split

Since I used an ink transfer, I just needed to flip my image horizontally and print onto transfer paper.  If you're using vinyl, you'll need to send to your cutter and then weed out the portions not needed.

After printing onto transfer paper, I pressed the ink transfer onto my burlap at 375 degrees for 20 seconds.  The carrier sheet needs to be removed while hot.  I ink pressed both sides of the flag.  (Back side of flag is below)

Completed Garden Flag - Version 1

The finished flag just needs to be slipped onto the flag stand and you're all done.

And . . . a couple of other monogram garden flag versions :

Version 2


Version 3


Back of Garden Flag

Don't forget to leave a comment below for a change to win your own personalized garden flag!  Share on your Facebook page or Pinterest to have a second chance to win!  Leave me your flag choice, email address and whether you shared this blog link on Facebook or Pinterest!!

Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by, ~ Marilyn


 

Comments

  1. Marilyn these are fabulous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great tutorial. All the designs look nice but I really like the Script Letter version the best. I shared this blog link on my FB and Pinterest pages. For good measure, I tweeted about it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be great to have version 2!

    jsalabsky@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I am crossing my fingers...and toes! Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! This is just what my brother's memory garden needs! Thanks for the information, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first version. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...