Skip to main content

"Die" Tutorial ~ DT Scrapbook Blessings Club



Hello Friends !

Annette here for the Scrapbook Blessings Club to share with you Monday's Project "Dies".

Firstly: "Tip of the Day" use sticky tape to hold both nestling dies in position ~ I place sticky tape on all 4 corners of the dies to ensure no movement of the Die when cutting.

Now, on to today's Project:



  • I am using today one of my favourite Dies ~ Its my Sizzix Labels and Stitches Die. Whenever I want to have a contrasting edge around my labels I use these particular Dies as they have the one for cutting and one for stitching marks.
  • I use these stitching marks as a guide to colour with my Copics and also Glitter Glue.
 

  • Using the Cutting die and the Stitching Die I place the cutting Die on the outer on my Cardstock and the Stitching Die on the inner part and I then sticky tape down and hold in the position where I want my Label cut and where I want my stitching to sit.







  • I then Place the Die in my Sizzix Die Machine placing the Die face up between my cutting plates. I also place a Shim on top for a better cut. (My Shim is a piece of cardstock laminated in my hot laminating machine ~ I find by using a laminated sheet of paper or cardstock the Shim actually lasts a lot longer).






  •  I run this Die through my Sizzix several times to make sure the stitching has indented properly and the Die is cut to precision.






  • Now I have my Label ready to work on.
  • Since I have a guide line with the Stitching I use this to now colour in with my Black Copic.



  • When I have coloured the edging area with my Black Copic, I then use my Silver Glitter Glue over the Copic coloured section.






  • Now my label in complete and ready to use for my Card Project. 


  • My finished Card which is a Joy Card :-






Thank you for visiting my Die Tutorial today and I hope you have enjoyed this project.

For any questions you may like to ask, please leave in the comments section and I will endeavour to respond as soon as possible.

I hope you can also join us at our Scrapbook Blessings Club and be blessed with this Tutorial.




As always, any comments are very much appreciated. 
Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day.



Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by.



Annette ~ http://annetteshobbyrosettes.blogspot.com.au/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...