Skip to main content

Fridge Magnet Project

Hi Friends,
 Sandy here with another post for She's a Sassy Lady.  Today I am going to show nice project that I made for my sister. Her and the family are leaving for Africa in 4 days for two years. She will work as a teacher/missionary.  So...yeah, I'm a little emotional right now.

She asked me to make some thank you cards to give to those that support Martin's 4 Africa.  But, I got to thinking, thank you cards are nice and all, but I wanted something that people can see everyday.  And when they do, they might be reminded to say a little prayer for her, Joe and the kiddos.  I came up with refrigerator magnets. It is something that people will see when they head to the fridge. She loved that idea and even helped me make them.  We spent the night, laughing, remembering and just enjoying each others company.

So let's get started...
You will need:
  • 3x3 chipboard square ( I got a poster board sheet of chipboard at the craft store, we made 50 of these from that sheet)
  • Mod Podge
  • 1 piece of 3x3 cardstock 
  • 1 piece of 3x3 Pattern Paper
  • Adhesive
  • Nail File
  • Distress Ink Pad
  • Embellishments- punches, stamps, die cuts, etc.
  • Magnet strips (can get in a roll or on a sheet at the craft store)
Here are the magnets that I made for my sis ...
  • The Africa shape is just a clip art that I downloaded and printed from the computer. 
  • First, Adhere the card stock and pattern paper to the front and back (great way to use up scraps) on the chipboard square
  • File the edges, this will help the paper stay on the chip board.
  • The heart is from Cricut Craft Room Basics, cut @ .5" and the sandals are from Life's a Beach and cut at 1".
  • I wrote the sentiments on the front with a calligraphy pen and ink the edges and sides with the distress ink, 
  • After you decorate the front of your chipboard, do the back if you would like 
  •  You are going to Mod Podge with a couple of coats (we did 3-4 coats and it is well worth the extra time).
  • The Sandals represent the money (over $2000 that the kiddos raised for Shoes 4 Africa)
  • The heart is over Ethiopia, where they will be
  • Their Faith, Hope and Love is what has gotten them this far in this calling on their lives.
This is the back. 
                                 
As you can see, I decorated that back with this cute sentiment stamp. And using my Just Right 15pt. font set, I was able to sign them Martins 4 Africa.
Everyone was amazed that these are chipboard/paper and not wood.  With the Mod Podge texture and the extra coats, they are so sturdy and will last for a long time.

I hope you were inspired with this project.  Very easy to do, makes great gifts. Other ideas, are using photos of people or places that you have been, making personalized magnets to hold the kiddos school projects or even a to-do/shopping list.

ps: here are the "thank you" that I did previously for my sis. I used Life's a Beach and welded the letters together.  I attached with a brad to swing the top sandal over.


Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,
 

Comments

  1. What a wonderful project! So fun that you and your sister did it together too! Great idea for a prayer reminder! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY...about made me cry with your suuuuper sweet and fabulously crafted gift. LOVE IT!!!!!

    Be blessed, Beckie
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
    Join me for a Just Because Linky Party on August 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift this is! I just love it and I know al will just cherish them. Thanks for sharing on She's A Sassy Lady.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...