Skip to main content

News that I rather have NOT have gotten

Hubby took our youngest to the doctor today for her checkup. She's fifteen months now.

Em is growing perfectly in height, weight, head. Everything seem normal to Chris until the doctor kept listening to her chest. The doctor detected a heart murmur. He told Chris that he wanted a pediatric cardiologist to check her out.

When Chris told me, I kinda flipped. Why? Because working in the medical field, there are questions I would have asked and all Chris could tell me was "I don't know, he didn't say." Talk about peeved. I was upset at Chris, upset at the doctor, upset at work. This is the time I wish I didn't have to work. I should have been there! All the nurse would tell me when I called was, "we're referring her to Dr so and so".

So that's been my great day. Please keep her in you prayers!

Comments

  1. Wow...that is not news you want to hear. I will pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy
    Perhaps it will be what is known as a "functional" murmur. I had one as a small child and as I grew it went away. One of my children had one too, and again it went away as they grew. I'm praying for you and for Em tonight!
    Love
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sandy. My youngest daughter has a heart murmur too. It hasn't caused any problems for her- not even when she gave birth to 3 children. Still, it is upsetting news to hear! I will be praying for you all too and will look for an update. Blessings, Glenys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear this sweetie. Why didn't you call? Jeremy had one as well, and it never amounted to anything. Praying for you and Chris.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls! I need the support. It was just a shock at first. I think I was most upset that I was working and feeling out of the loop.

    Feeling like I should have been there for any kind of news. But this was just supposed to be a quick check up and a couple shots, that is now ending up at the cardiologist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Jen, I'm bad and should have called but we were in get the Christmas lights mode and then the hockey game and nooooo way was I calling then, lol.

    I'll be home all day, give me a call when you have time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...