Skip to main content

Reading the Bible in a year

Our church is reading the Bible this year! Not that we don't read the Bible, lol. But for 2010, we are corporately reading the Bible together. I am so excited to be a part of this. For me, I need the accountability, kwim?

How many times to we promise ourselves that we are going to do A,B,C? We are gun-ho at first and then the passion fizzles. Not this year, not this time! For the first time in (blank) years, I'm gonna read the whole Bible in a year. But not only read it, soak it in too.

Will this get me into heaven, will God be more happy with me, do I get brownie points for this? No, no, no. Jesus is the only way to heaven. God loves me so much, He sent His son to die for me. I am righteous already in His sight through the blood of Jesus. This is a "Spiritual Commitment" for ME.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16

For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4:12

Every week, I'm going to blog about what God has shown me. If you are up for the challenge, please leave me a comment. That way we can be accountability partners and lift each other up in prayer.


You can join me at The One Year Bible Online to follow along. This is a wonderful site with articles, links, forum and much more.
I'm also going to post this week's readings (Sun to Sat) on my left sidebar.



as posted on One Year Bible Online

Comments

  1. That is awesome. One of the 5 Moms is reading that same bible. I am seeing so many bloggers doing the same thing...not with the same Bible but reading it through. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! My kids gave me this Bible for Christmas so I am also making it my goal to read through the Bible this year. I used this same plan several years in a row - many more years ago than I care to remember - but I think only one of those years I totally succeeded. Maybe this year. I loo forward to reading your insights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kick in the rear end. I have my NIV One Year Bible, which I pulled out of the drawer, dusted it off, and will attempt to do my best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost got that Bible for download on my Sony Reader but instead chose the one year program on Biblegateway.com that Angela Hunt mentioned on her site.

    Blessings to you as you dig into His Word! I know when I've read through in the past, it was one of my best years!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...