Skip to main content

Friday Cards ~ 3D Digital Technique







Hello Friends !

Annette here for the Scrapbook Blessings Club to share with you Friday's project ~ "Cards" and I am using a technique for 3D on my card today and would like to share my ideas with you.

Tip of the Day: Never have any white showing on your 3D Images ~ colour with Copic Pens on edges.

Now onto my tutorial.
One of my huge favorites with making my cards is using 3D Images. They just look absolutely sensational on any creation.
Although very time consuming colouring 3 to 4 of the same image of Digital Stamps and then having to cut them out, I find buying the pre-colored 3D sheets a much better idea and huge time saver.

 First up you need a very fine sharp pointed pair of scissors

  • Once you have printed off your 3D pre-coloured sheet cut out all of the Images which are printed on the sheets in the actual layering order. 
  • To get into the enclosed areas where in this instance are boots, I cut through the join of the boot and then cut out the white section (see photo 1) ~ I find by using very fine pointed scissors rather than using a Blade I get a much more precise cut
  • With the white sections next to the body and hair, I cut along the edge of the bow and then around the hair to cut out the white section and I do this on both sides of the body as seen here in (see photo 2)
  • The 3rd photo is how it looks once I have cut out the entire Digi, you will see no white sections 
  • I repeat this with all of the other 3D Image Layers




  • Being exceptionally fussy and a perfectionist, I do not like to see any white showing around the outside of my cut out image, although very hard to avoid I counteract this with my Copic Pens to color in the edges matching the actual colour on that part of the image, ie: Bright Pink Dress I use a Bright Pink Copic on the outer edging etc
  • Nothing annoys me more than seeing a layered 3D image with White cut edges showing




  • Once I have gone around the entire edges of my 3D Images I then often re-color any faint or pale parts of the clothing, face and hair etc. with my Copics

  • When I have completed my Copic touch ups I turn over each Digi and stick down the parts where I have cut through sections with the scissors to cut out the white sections I tape these areas down so that these cut areas are not visible on the right side of the Digi ~ I repeat this with all of the 3D Digi Layers
  • My 3D's are now all ready for mounting before the next procedure ~ applying a nice thick double sided foam, I mount each section on top of one another very carefully

  • Once my 3D Digi is all mounted it is now ready to complete the last procedure
  • Since this is a Xmas Digi I often use my True Snow and loads of Glitter Glue
  • It is imperative that the True Snow is completely dried prior to applying the Glitter over the top.
  • I am going to apply the True Snow to the hat, boots and pom poms
  • I always use a Pearl Glitter Glue over the top of the True Snow for a bling effect 
  • Using two sized paint brushes both for the True Snow as well as the Glitter Glue (Fine and Medium) I apply the Glitter Glue over the True Snow
  • I then apply matching colored Glitter Glues to the clothing, flowers, headband and boots etc (Note: The headband and boots I am using Silver Glitter Glue)
  •  I find it very helpful once I have applied my True Snow and Glitter Glues to use a hot hairdryer to dry these areas with so that I am not waiting for hours on end for drying ~ this way I can complete my project much quicker


 
  • Here is my finished project ~ my 3D mounted to my Card



I hope you have enjoyed my 3D Tutorial today.

As always, any comments are very much appreciated. 
Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day.



Annette ~ http://annetteshobbyrosettes.blogspot.com.au/


Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by.

Comments

  1. Annette, this is a fantastic tutorial and so pretty and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful tutorial. You're a real master of your art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Bonnie and Marilyn.
    I am so pleased you enjoyed this tutorial.
    Cheers
    Annette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...