Skip to main content

Glitter embossing

Hey kids!  It's Cindy for the Scrapbook Blessings Club blog today and I've got a fun glitter embossing technique to share with you. 

TiP:  Be sure and close your Versamark pad before applying the embossing powder.

Okay, grab the following supplies and let's get started :-)
Versamark pad
Embossing Tinsel (or you can use embossing pwd and glitter)
Heat tool
embossing folder
baby wipe

Steps:
1-open the embossing folder and generously apply Versamark to one side  (I used the raised side and got glitter coverage on the background of the embossed image)

2- put your cardstock inside the embossing folder and run it through your Cuttlebug

3- apply your embossing tinsel (this has glitter right in it)  or you can mix embossing powder with glitter about half and half ...should look like the photo below:
I started with a white piece of cardstock.  As you can see I missed a little spot with the Versamark...oops.

4- put excess embossing pwd back into the container.  Clean your embossing folder with a baby wipe.
5- heat the embossing tinsel/pwd/glitter with your Heat tool until it turns darker and starts to sparkle.

And here is the card I created with this glitter embossed background:
Add'l info:
5" square cardbase in white
Bugaboo Digital image - Reindeer Christmas Goodies   (They are having a sale-- 50% off all digital images until Dec 31st)
watercolor pencils
blender pen
Diamond Stickles
Glossy Accents - candy cane
Sew Easy floss in limeade
pop dots
PC embossing folder - Christmas set

Thanks for stopping by the SBC blog today!  I hope I've inspired you to grab your embossing supplies and make something cool!  I want to wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy 2014!!

Have a blest day!

Cindy --- In Love with PAPER

Comments

  1. I've never tried mixing glitter and embossing powder. TFS Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this tip. Wonderful embossing folder. Adorable card. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must try this technique.
    It has been forever since I've heat embossed.
    I love your tips of using the folder and adding glitter to the embossing powder.
    Your card turned out perfect.
    And look no one will know you missed the spot. lol
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...