Skip to main content

Fiskars AdvantEdge Punch System Review


Good morning friends, Carolyn here with a review of a new tool I just recently purchased.  Received a newsletter from Scrapbook.com recently and checked it out.  But I did not purchase from Scrapbook.com as it's out of stock, so went to another source, and it arrived this past Saturday afternoon.

TIP:  Easy way to create borders for your scrapbook page layouts, or embellishing the page or creating edges for your cards.  Gives you ease of creating a border across the edge(s) of paper; and create a border strip and cut down to size you would like for embellishing a sentiment mat for a card or front of card.

Supplies used:
  • Fiskars AdvantEdge Punch System
  • Fiskars' smaller interchangeable border punch cartridges - double scalloped edge
 

Fiskars AdvantEdge Punch System



Here is a short write up about the system:

The unique design of the AdvantEdge Punch System by Fiskars allows crafters to add perfectly aligned decorative borders and ribbons to any project. Unlike most border punches, you keep your paper in one place - it's the punch that moves. With the slide-and-lock system, you can say goodbye to frustration and misaligned projects. The AdvantEdge Punch System offers larger options, up to 2.75", and includes an adapter plate for Fiskars' smaller interchangeable border punch cartridges (sold separately). You'll receive everything you need to get started with this kit. Included in this package is the 12" base, the Flower Garden punch, and the adapter plate.

And here is a video from Youtube.com showing how to use the tool.




 And now to what I have started with the use of this tool.

 

I used the double-scalloped edge punch ( Fiskars' smaller interchangeable border punch cartridge) with the orange adapter plate.  Inserted the cartridge, and using a 8.5x11  size card stock, I created the double-edge scalloped border to use on a scrapbook page.  I had two borders, and trimmed the scalloped edge and thought, this would be cool for a border on a mat or tag for a sentiment which I applied to the card (see December 29 Mini-Challenge for details of the front of the card!!).

 

This is a one-page layout that I am creating for my great-granddaughter's scrapbook.  You can see, from the picture, that I punched all around a 12x12 piece of card stock (corners not the greatest, and may-be Fiskar's has corner punches on the market to go with).  This is just laying it out, haven't glued anything down yet.  Working on the photo setup of Isabella, and wanting to include month-by-month pictures in the smaller circles. (I will include pictures as I work along to keep you up on my progress).

Since I have issues with border pieces found in cut files for a scrapbook page, I purchased this to help with creating my layouts.  Hopefully Fiskars will come out with additional cartridges later.  Check it out, it's fun and easy to use.

Thank you for stopping by to visit with me, and hope you all have a great crafting day.



Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,

 Carolyn - Granny Ma's Creations 

Comments

  1. Okay, a punch that moves is kinda cool. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review.
    I've been curious about this one.
    Love your sweet layout.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please let us know what you think.

Popular posts from this blog

Shaker Die Giveaway

Hi everyone, Tasha here with a fun giveaway to help jump start a crafty new year! Recently, I did a tutorial showing you how to create a celebration card using a word shaker die. Now, you have an opportunity to win a "YAY" shaker die by entering this awesome giveaway! Click on the YouTube link below to enter: Prize:  Two winners will each receive one "Yay" shaker die Giveaway Rules: -Starts Friday, December 30th, 2016 and ends on Saturday, January 7th, 2017. -Must be 18+ to enter or have parent's consent -Open to: International -Must be a subscriber to the Crafty Pink Pixie YouTube channel (Click HERE to subscribe) -Must leave a comment on the giveaway YouTube video using the keyword " Shaker " (Click HERE ) -The winners will have 1 week to message me their mailing address. -For an EXTRA entry, leave a comment on this blog post letting us know one craft project you want to try in the n...

A Year of Tech. Stamping on Pattern Paper

  Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas. We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.   Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together.    And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here: January-Shaving Cream Marbleizing February-So Sketchy March-no hop this month April-Stamp Set Showdown May-World of Watercolor June-Basic Card Folds July-Bleaching Your Card Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog . Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here . And the awesome prize this month is:     We  really apprec...

Welcome to the Create A Card Blog Hop!

  We are so happy you could join us today.  This is a one day blog hop, but don’t worry you have until Monday to stop by all the blogs and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the wonderful prize we have for you today. Today we are celebrating what we do... Cardmaking!  As you hop through the list of awesome crafter, I know you will be inspired to try something new! Now for our fabulous hop sponsor....drumroll please.... Catherine Pooler , founder of StampNation and Creativity Grows Here has generously donated a trial membership to StampNation for us to give away to those who hop along with us. Creativity Grows Here  http://catherinepooler.com/ classes/  StampNation  http://catherinepooler.com/ stampnation/   *************************************************** If you are just starting, you can head over at the beginning on our hostess' Theresa's blog  .   You should have arrived h...